W7 and GA DS3 Slow Networking

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tommiy, Aug 23, 2009.

1. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Hopefully someone else has had this issue and solved it because its very annoying. Under Vista I used to be able to FTP and get 600kB/s from 2 sessions. On XP this was slightly slower at about 550kB/s. On Win 7 I'm lucky to get 300kB/s on a transfer of the same file. I've actually restored my Vista image and it still gets 600kB/s. Appears that there is something very wrong with Win 7 and GA DS3 v3.3 adapters by the looks. I've also tried disabling auto tuning and updating to the latest marvel driver off their site for win7 but transfer speeds are still less than 50% of vista and xp.

Any idea's?

2. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    should say this is x64....marvel driver is 11.10.10.3 and during transfers win 7 stops and appears to wait then starts again...thats what appears to be slowing it but auto tune is disabled. Exactly the same vista sp2 works flawlessly.

3. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    turned on dca and ctcp and that seems to have fixed the issue. Very strange because in vista these are left as disabled....over 1MB/s now when transferring....obvious some kind of difference on win 7.

4. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    actually appears that its dca that stops the stuttering during a transfer......