w7 oem activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by natf, Nov 9, 2009.

1. natf

natf MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Hello to all! This is my first post here....
    Some days ago I activated w7 ultimate x64 with bios slic 2.1 method.
    I downloaded from this forum a modded bios for my Asus M3A78, loaded it into MB and then installed certificate and oem key from command prompt.
    That's all right, activation successful.
    But I read today from this forum (showpost.php?p=182604&postcount=714) that some keys could be banned because they leaked before october 22th; in that post it was speaking about the key I used to activate my copy.
    So I would like to know:
    1. Do you think it's better to change my key with another OEM key as those shown in this forum (showthread.php?t=10370) ?
    2. What can I do to change my key? Is it right to type "slmgr -ipk MY-NEW-KEY" in a command prompt with administrator privileges and no other command? Or is it necessary to add OEM certificate again before install a new key?
    Sorry for the noob questions, I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    My thoughts are that MS will not ban the OEM key as there are to many legit machines with that key so if they ban it then MS will have to much to deal with. You should be safe IMO.:)

3. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I guess you're talking about the Lenovo key ?

I'd say just leave it where it is. It probably won't get blacklisted.
    In case it does, you can still inject another key by the slmgr -ipk command.
    That's all you need to do in case your currentkey gets blacklisted.

Hope this helps...

4. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #4 noyod, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. natf

natf MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    #5 natf, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    (OP)
    Yes, it helped me. I was talking about the Lenovo (old) key which I found in rar archive by Nove containing modded bios (DELL) and certificate (DELL).
    Maybe it could be a good idea to load DELL OEM key also.... what do you think about?

To noyod : I already read the thread you mentioned. But I also read that post the was talking about a possible blacklist for Lenovo old key

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    It won't hurt at all if u inject the dell key. I have dell bios + dell cert + dell key right now. I like it a matching set also. So go ahead bro, inject that dell key. Then u need not to worry a thing at all.