W7 WGA Notice This Morning!!! HEADS UP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drably, Sep 26, 2009.

1. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    #1 drably, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    This morning I woke up and found a WGA notice on my desktop with Windows 7 saying the copy is not genuine.

Now I have a watermark in the lower right hand corner of my screen displaying the build information and "This copy Of Windows is not genuine"

I am NOT using a loader, only a hard modded bios, and one of the leaked Ultimate keys (Acer key, NOT lenovo).

Heads up!!!! MS has you all fooled!

2. Blackevil2oo1

Blackevil2oo1 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Bios mod > Lenovo
    Certificate > Lenovo
    Key > Dell

Still running and no problems

3. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #3 Johny23, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Dude.. provide us with screenshots of your system including system information and activation status..

Use these commands to check your activation status and take screenshots of the windows that appear please..

If you can provide a screenshot of latest installed updates that would be great..

Sincerely..

4. drably

drably MDL Member

Feb 4, 2008
    #4 drably, Sep 26, 2009
    (OP)
    Yea I just removed the key & cert from the system, rebooted, and did the slmgr routine again with another key & i'm good again (for now).

It may just be a bug, but its just a heads up for what is to come (maybe!)
    :D

edit: Sorry above poster, but I already re-activated within 1 minute of making the originating post.
    FYI: I have NO updates installed.

5. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    Or (maybe) it was a dream /nightmare

panic post imho

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    i'm running on a modded since a month and no problems :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #7 bertmace, Sep 26, 2009
    I think it to late to block. For October 22nd Acer this will be in stores
    The upcoming Aspires also feature Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi, a HDMI output, a multi-gesture touchpad, and a battery life of up to 2.5 hours. Coming with Windows 7 Home Premium, the Aspire 7540 and 5542 will debut on October 22nd with starting prices of £450 with integrated graphics, and £500 with the dedicated GPU my first modd was showing gateway dell my new one only show gateway

Attached Files:

8. fokemon

fokemon MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2009
    an hour ago tryed to activate my acer with hazars loader, (slic 2.1 in bios, ACRSYSACRPRDCT) and gives me 30 days to activate...
    whats the key used in hazars aact*vator???

P.s. please note that the notebook was activated from 2 weaks ago, but i had to format.
    today just didnt work!

any ideas?
    cheers

9. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #9 bertmace, Sep 26, 2009
    what are you running pro home Ultimate ect this is my hard modd is slic 2.1 in bios, ACRSYSACRPRDCT and works

Attached Files:

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I use a modded bios ( phoenix ) and acer cert & key. No problems so far.

11. fokemon

fokemon MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2009
    running ultimate. downloaded from 7 repository.

i activated 7, but manualy, in comand pronpt.

choosing slic present in bios in hazars activator didnt work.

12. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah that should be fixed in 1.6 ;)

and yes you will get a notification if the cert/key was uninstalled or if pkeyconfig/tokens is messed with

13. fokemon

fokemon MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2009
    glad to know that :D

you´re the best!

14. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Hazar
    I hope you ain't going to do the check on tokens.dat based on checksum because that file changes, everyone will have a different checksum. The only one that shouldn't change (at the moment) is pkeyconfig, but MS could roll out an update for that file and then you would just end up having a tool out that frankenbuilds the users system instead of fixing it... why do you think I avoided the correction option ;)

15. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I am using HP Slic with HP cert and Acer key....without problem...even now.;)

16. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    i'm using the Dell OEM Home Premium which is leaked on some private trackers :p

17. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Im using one of the 68.319.527 keys PIDX-Check blustered out when i used my super-secret backward-mode-code on it.

That was really cool to see...at the end it even spit out a mega-master-key which activates everything and anything even if it doesnt actually require activation by serial-key!

Unfortunately the super-secret backward-mode-code is a...well...super-secret secret, but i can let you know that everything is still fine, especially since i didnt even install Win7 yet...

18. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm not stupid Daz :D

tokens.dt is a certificate store. pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and all other spp certs get loaded into it.

I am working on something to delete tokens, get windows to restore it and then restore a backed up copy of pkeyconfig. (its difficult)

19. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    ummmmm....ok.... Someone has been watching Spy Kids 3D too much me thinks. :0

20. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Actually it was a response to the poster above me.

But then i have been told that my humor is wierd at times so i wont blame you for not understanding it...:D