w7 wont activate on samsung notebook

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by david toska, Dec 30, 2011.

1. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
  2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    When using the loader does it ask you to reboot? If it doesn't then it's only installed the certificate and serial for the SLIC in the BIOS.

The details line of the loader will expose any existing SLIC and if it's valid or not.

v2.1 = Valid
    v2.0 = Valid
    BAD SLIC SIZE = Invalid
    BAD SLIC DATA = Invalid
    None of the above = No SLIC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks for quick reply Daz.

NO, the loader does NOT ask me to reboot. So its seems to only install key and cert.

The Details line in your loader say: SECCSD - (11/21/11 - v2.1)

So, at least.. i`m activated!! But i can not understand why the cert wont install by the command. And the strange, after running "slmgr -ilc C:\SAMSUNG.xrm-ms" the box pop up and say the cert are installed sucessful. But when i look in slic toolkit afterwards, the cert isnt there.

The cert i use placed under C, is from the certs downloaded from MDL.
    And this happen ONLY on samsung.. I have done it on 50 other computers from other manufacturers with no problems.

Of course, i can use your loader on every samsung, but i just cant understand whats happening..

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Maybe the certificate doesn't match up perfectly with the SLIC :g: You could go to the loaders advanced menu and press the dumb button and that will dump the certificate the loader uses (as well as the SLIC and serial).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009