W701 dead

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by TheSilence, Jul 21, 2010.

1. TheSilence

TheSilence MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2010
    Hello,

yesterday i got my new Lenovo W701.

I downloaded the Lenovo Update Tool and tried to update the bios as well.

After about half an hour, the laptop restartet (i though the tool has finished)

But now the laptop doesn't show anything and doesn't do anything when i power it on.

I think i the bios update tool has broken my bios.

Can anyone help me?

(Sorry for my english :) )

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheSilence

TheSilence MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2010
    I tried the method described in the posts you show me, but i think the laptop doesn't read anything from the stick (the led of the stick isn't blinking)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Too bad..maybe try another usb port? And remove battery and after half an hour insert it again.

It's not your fault that the bios update has failed....I would bring it back to your seller and say you want another one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheSilence

TheSilence MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2010
    I tried all usb port, no success

The lenovo support hotline said, that it was my fault .... so I will have to pay for the repair :(

anyway, thanks for your efforts!

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #6 Yen, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    I would remove the battery and power cord/ wait 30 minutes / reinsert it and try it again.
    I don't know in which country you live, and what's about warranty. But IMO it's not your fault. What about to go to your seller (not Lenovo) and say that the Notebook never worked?

You did nothing wrong, you have used an official tool, nothing else...

Anyway good luck with whatever you'll do..

7. souravipc53

souravipc53 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    if you are from India, sue Lenevo in the consumer forum. You will get your replacement, and don tell them that you flashed the bios( see the last part seems to be a naughty job but If you want ur lappy back do what i have said.)