Want to apply a legit key to Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ubuntu83, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ubuntu83

ubuntu83 MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I am using win XP on my laptop. It has Win XP home license. I don't like XP Home so I installed XP professional on it and it had the Eth0 reset 5.02 pre applied. I further applied the Wpatcher crack on it in order to install the apps that require WGA. Now I have got a legit key for XP but how do I apply it and activate the windows as the WPA is not available? Please help me solve this problem. I don't want to re install windows.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You used the crack, you will probably have to reinstall the XP to get rid of it..At least a repair install..

What make is your laptop. You probably could have used the OEMBIOS files for your vendor and an SLP key to activate..The SLP string is likely in bios already.

Info on the machine is fairly important, and using the oembios.exe tool is also going to be needed. I do not know a good way to reverse what the wpa-fix has done. It messes with winlogon, registry, etc.

Are you using a VLK XP?? You could have installed XP Pro almost properly with 10 min of work on the iso..:rolleyes: (and no cracks)..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ubuntu83

Dec 4, 2007
    hmm so it's diffiult to solve without a reinstall. I'll just reinstall the damn thing.

4. tds

tds MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2008
  5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    As long as you realize that simply having a legit key does not activate your XP. ou may be able to activate by phone if you have a retail XP. If it is VLK, then you are SOL.

The OEM SLP keys all work and are legit, you need three things:

1- OEMBIOS files in your install

2- SLP String in bios

3- SLP key

We can provide all three the majority of the time. Which company is your laptop??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ubuntu83

Dec 4, 2007
    It's an Acr model pretty old dates back to 2005.

I think the window is a VLK version.

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008