Want to learn Cloud Computing!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by L05T, Dec 11, 2017.

1. L05T

L05T MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2017
    Hello,
    I want to learn Cloud Computing but don't have any idea from where should I start. Please experts show me a way.
    Currently my knowledge is absolutely 0. I have to start from the scratch.
    As I'm new to this forum I don't know much about individuals, all are genius and such an informative posts you guys have written over here.
    If anyone here who is expert especially in this field please give your opinion. Any suggestion for online course for a start would be much appreciated.
    All the discussion about Cloud Computing can also be done.
    Thanks.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. L05T

L05T MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2017
    Thanks for the link.
    I have a very little knowledge of JAVA. Apart from that, just nothing.
    Is programming language must if anyone wants to learn Cloud?

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Take your laptop on an airplane and use it while flying thru clouds. :D

Seriously though, there isn't all that much in the term itself. It basically means accessing resources and services from various points over the web. But learning programming is a tougher matter.

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @L05T: That's where it starts. :)

A cloud is nothing more than a network of remote servers. You have to learn how to communicate with them.
    This could be from your own computer or from another server. Depending on what you want to do, you may need PHP or C#,
    or any programming language that has the ability to communicate over a network. You may also need to learn SQL if a database is involved.

The best way to learn is to design something and struggle through the language. I'd start with the basics, learning to program first.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. L05T

L05T MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2017
    Thanks for all the replies.
    That's some way to learn something.:D

7. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    A word of advice, DO NOT hit Ctrl-Alt-Del without a parachute. ;)