Warning: Issues of new Comodo 4

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Phazor, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #1 Phazor, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I installed the new one. The defense + module needs to be deactivated or in training mode just like the last one, otherwise its like having UAC turned on high. Other than that it has a built in sandbox.... interesting but I haven't tried that feature yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Well, considering the many bugs and problems that people reported with v4 i am more than curious to see the results of the first matousec test.

For some reason i have a feeling it wont be anywhere near 1st place this time, but we will see.

BTW, did i mention that v4 allows all outgoing traffic by default?

That means unless you reconfigure accordingly everything can access the internet and you wont even be alerted.

Smart move for a company dealing in security products...just like the requirement to uninstall v3.x to be able to install v4...

4. bigvern

bigvern MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2010
    I installed it a couple of weeks ago now i'm having major issues with system restore not working in windows 7 I keep getting a sfi.dat error which i have read on comodos forum is stateful file inspection which is part of the av. comodo has known of this error problem for sometime from what i'm seeing in the forum. but i still have not found a fix for this problem