Warning: KB3148812

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Myrrh, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    KB3148812 released today. It has something to do with encryption of ESD support in WSUS.

Here's what happened when I installed it (found in Application event log after WSUS console would do nothing but crash with "Unexpected error" messages).

The WSUS administration console has encountered an unexpected error. This may be a transient error; try restarting the administration console. If this error persists,

Try removing the persisted preferences for the console by deleting the wsus file under %appdata%\Microsoft\MMC\.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException -- Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source
    Microsoft.UpdateServices.BaseApi

Stack Trace:
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow(SoapException soapException)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPGetConfiguration()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServerConfiguration.Load()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClassFactory.CreateWellKnownType(Type type, Object[] args)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClassFactory.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.set_UserSelectedCulture(String value)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.TrySetServerCulture(String culture)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.SetServerCulture()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools..ctor(CultureInfo culture, IUpdateServer updateServer)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Common.ServerTools..ctor(ServerSummaryScopeNode serverSummaryScopeNode, SnapInTools snapInTools, IUpdateServer updateServer)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.ConnectToServer()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.get_ServerTools()

Thankfully, uninstalling the update got it going again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ssaeth

ssaeth MDL Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Thanks for this info my wsus crash after update the server so i uninstall every update

now i can reinstall all hotfix and decline this file :)

3. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Nowt like quality testing before unleashing these updates on our servers ...

4. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Wait... they have been taking the unencrypted build output, encrypting and packaging it to an ESD for release on WU, and then for release on WSUS they're taking those processed ESDs and manually process them again to get back to an unencrypted format? Amazing.

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...