WAT Remover vs Windows Loader 2012 Win7 64bit Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zyzz, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Hi I found this forum on google. I installed Windows 7 in 2010 and I used Remove WAT 2.2.5.0 and also the Windows 7 Loader together. This was in 2010 as I stated. I plan on doing a reformat soon. I have not installed any updates since 2010, unless they were software updates or drivers for my own programs. I want to install Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate again but I want to update all the time due to security. Will I be using both WAT and Windows 7 Loader, or only the Loader now?

2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    RemoveWAT is evil. Seriously mucks with important system files. Delete every copy you have, and never use it again.

4. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Well this was in 2010, maybe even 2009. My first and only install of Windows 7. I got the Ultimate 64 bit off rapidshare. Remove WAT did nothing bad to my computer. I haven't had a problem in those 2-3 years so it doesn't seem to bad. Can you explain why it is bad? I used both. Originally my copy was pre-activated, but I installed some update - KB something something and it said windows is not genuine. So I was told to use Remove WAT and the Loader. Both fixed my problem! But I haven't updated since.

5. Monkeymook

Monkeymook MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    RemoveWAT just disables and removes core components for Windows 7 to activate. They can easily be restored using the same tool, but there's potential for issues with genuine activation down the road. It worked for some people, not so much for others, and ESPECIALLY not for others who install KB971033. That was the activation killer update. Daz's loader is pretty much the universal solution for activation, next to BIOS modding, of course. RemoveWAT was a software-based solution. There are other alternatives that are now proven to be more reliable and safer, but it was an interesting tool for its time.

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #6 Daz, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    If you install all updates including the WAT update then the system will go non-genuine due to RemoveWAT. However, with a clean version of Windows installed the loader can activate you and you'll pass all genuine tests :)

Basically RemoveWAT doesn't remove WAT. It messes up your system files and that makes it harder for the loader to work (or even a BIOS mod) and it becomes a signal for Windows to flag you as non-genuine. That's why the loader will refuse to install if you've installed RemoveWAT first.

The uninstall function in RemoveWAT was also broke which is one of the reasons I ended up creating WAT Fix.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    So how is Daz's Loaders better? How does it work? I mean you can do all updates, but not have to worry about the genuine message every popping up again?

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The loader executes before Windows does and it injects a SLIC into your ACPI tables which your BIOS loads into memory when you power on your system. From doing that and installing the certificate and serial your system gains activation status under the OEM channel, which is what systems sold in shops use. Them serials can't be blocked and WAT can't do anything about it because no system files get modified :)

When you use the loader you can install all updates and you won't ever go non-genuine as long as you don't mess around with software like RemoveWAT.

9. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Well you would have no reason to use RemoveWAT if you use the Loader or am I wrong? When should this loader be used? Right after installing or after that KB whatever update that screwed everything up. Are there any downsides of using this loader?

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's best to install it right after installing Windows, just so you know it works for you. And no, theres no downsides to using the loader.

When using the loader you should never install RemoveWAT also because that defeats the purpose of the loader and will make you non-genuine at some point.

11. madamecupcake

madamecupcake MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    hello

daz are you the person who was helping me on facebook ?

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    No, I don't use facebook.

13. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    good information Daz. The fact that you can do something like this and still update is amazing.

14. buzkill

buzkill MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Well i have windows 7 64 bit build 7601 and on a acer aspire 64 bit machine.Can i and how do i use the loader by daz?
    Confused on slic,oem,certificate.Do i just run loader or do i have to configure it?Thanks.

15. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Use it's default settings and simply press install :)

16. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    to emulate slic 2.1 in bios by bootloader, usualy just install and done.

however its best to do slic bios mod then flash bios with slic 2.1

17. buzkill

buzkill MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Well i install the loader by daz and restared and still says not genuine, any ideas?Thanks.

18. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  19. buzkill

buzkill MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Thanks daz,but maybe i need a new version of ultimate?The one im using i got from internet and came pre activated.
    Is there another version on here of ultimate x64 bit that would work for me?I like the ultimate version.
    I have a acer aspire 5742z 64 bit laptop.I had to use chew activator but id rather use your loader.
    I need new win ultimate and one that your loader works with and i dont know if my motherboard is all right for loader.
    Also do i need to verify with microsoft after running loader?Sorry im having prblems getting loader to work.

20. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009