Wat update help!! Kb971033

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rubyboy79, Feb 24, 2010.

1. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    i accidentally let windows update install this and it says my windows is not genuine. i was using hazar beta 2 loader until now.

i tried every other loader(uninstalling the previous each time i tried another ) like daz 1.77, hazar 1.6 loader and vista7 slic ldr

but all of them gave the same results! everytime i reboot there is a pop up saying my windows is not geniune and i have to activate!

i did a system restore to the point before i installed the update but the same thing appears everytime!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?:confused:

any help would be useful

2. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Search this thread on how to rearm - then use Daz loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    What with multiple installs and uninstalls of loaders, your system is likely screwed up. Do a fresh windows install, then activate with loader of choice.

4. cba1986

cba1986 MDL Member

Nov 17, 2009
    you can try this before re-install win:

1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    this will clean all the loaders you had installed.

4 Install remove wat-
    5reboot
    6 install vista7ldr 2.4.8(in forceful mod)
    7reboot
    8 uninstall removewat

I tried this on vmware and worked.

Good luck

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cba1986

cba1986 MDL Member

Nov 17, 2009
    which model of mobo do you have?

7. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    mines a laptop. an alienware M17x R1 to be exact. its an nforce 730i if im not wrong.

ive done remove wat and its fine for now but once i reinstall wat it will say not genuine again.

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    That's what's supposed to happen.

See RemoveWAT is not designed to make your PC genuine like a loader or BIOS mod, it's designed to remove/block WAT so adding the update is like installing 'AddWAT'. You will never pass as fully genuine via RemoveWAT but your system will continue to run and get updates as expected.

9. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    i forgot to add that i tried loaders after i put back wat and tried a loader, it still keeps saying not genuine.

i thought when reinstalling wat the WAT is sort of set back into default and not how it was with the update.

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Uninstalling WAT doesn't unblock the system, it will still report non-genuine.

For activation via a loader you need to try all possible modes not just the default. That's where allot of people fall short, they try one mode and say it doesn't work when theres still 3 other modes that could activate you.

I never recommend trying one activation method and then another and another because it can just further the problem, it's likely best you just stick with RemoveWAT now and don't try to pass as genuine (although you will likley need to reinstall RemoveWAT since you installed the update over Hazar's files).

11. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    #11 rubyboy79, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
    (OP)
    ok so i did this which was suggested above,

1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

and then used remove wat,
    reboot
    install vista7ldr 2.4.8(in forceful mod)
    reboot
    uninstall removewat

at first the not genuine thing still appeared but i thought what the heck, i pressed the resolve online button, and it asked me to download the checker tool together with the kb971033 update again. so i did, and now its activated and 'genuine' :)

thanks for all your help guys

im going to remove the update asap..

or is it pointless to do so since its already been installed?

12. cba1986

cba1986 MDL Member

Nov 17, 2009
    if it pass online validation it should be a problem. But if don't feel secure just uninstalled. there is no gain having the update installed.

Good luck

13. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    this is what i did and so far is working for me
    1)first you need to do restore to a previous day using ur comp
    2. uninstall the loader i use 7 loader---1.5 orbit 30
    3. them when u r there u still will get the water mark after a few min but dont panick
    4. do a sysmtem restore using the windows 7 dvd but do the avadance option and check the option where you dont get the latest update!!!!!
    5. when you are done . install the loader again but make you you have gone to setting under control panel and make you have control over which updates you want to install and download therefor preventing the whole thing from happening again..

i hope this works for you
    ps. make you you r offline meaning no internet okay
    good luck

14. dcskyline

dcskyline MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    this method worked for my roommate. he has an HP HDX 16-1040us.

thanks!!

15. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    you know your bios already has a LEGIT alienware 2.1 slic in it correct?? you should simply use the alienware cert and the dell key since that is what alienware uses now that they are owned by dell.

remove all loaders totally or repair the boot files if needed. then simply insert the cert and key. be done and happy, i also have that bios modded with dell slic if you need it instead of the alienware one

16. dr drew

dr drew MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2010
    I downloaded the KB971033 by accident as well today but was able to fix it by doing a system restore then running the cw.exe from Chew-WGA hack. After this is done be sure to remove the KB971033 from future updates. This worked an all three of my machines.

17. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    ive tried it using daz loader to add cert and key but it dint work so now im still using a loader.

18. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Come on rubyboy, whats so tough about this? Just grab the alienware cert and a key for the right edition from the repository then do the following:
    Run cmd as admin and type the following:
    slmgr -ilc <path to cert>
    slmgr -ipk <key)
    After each command wait for the successfully installed message.
    And before you do this uninstall all loaders and reboot.
    You can do it!

19. rubyboy79

rubyboy79 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    ok i did it and it works fine.

must not have worked last time due to hazar's loader not being uninstalled properly

20. Junner2003

Junner2003 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
    Hmmm, I am not convinced ... !

I am not so sure if it will help you in a long run to uninstall or avoid the kb971033.

As far as I know, it will be part of the soon-to-be-released SP for Windows 7, so, rather than avoiding it, it might be better to find a way to deal with it. :biggrin: