water in basement

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marchy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. marchy

marchy MDL Member

Jul 24, 2016
    hi,

I get water in my basement from a crack on the floor and at the bottom of a wall or 2 and I was wondering what a good resolution for fixing it? Can some of you recommend some cheaper / smart ways to remedy this that isnt too expensove and works really well.

thx

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Repair the cracks They do make a concrete crack fix stuff that comes in a tube like silicone calk, Then seal it with UGL and if your water table gets high enough to come up from your floor, you should install a sump pump ($$$$)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Your best approach is to go to a store that sells paints and sealants and ask for advice on particular methods and products.

It's best to wait for the crack to dry up before sealing. And most important, you should know that if you don't eliminate the cause, the problem won't be solved properly and permanently. For example, even if you could seal perfectly the bottom of all walls, it will get wet higher up.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep Katz is correct, once I also have issues with basement and follow instructions from Katz issue solved

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...