Ways to make windows 7 more safe

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Squiddy69, May 15, 2020.

1. Squiddy69

Squiddy69 MDL Novice

May 15, 2020
    Looks like a lot of people are still using win7 here, so what measures do you guys take to keep your system more secure?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. Squiddy69

Squiddy69 MDL Novice

May 15, 2020
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No, simplix uses the same bypass, but @abbodi1406 today also fixed the ESU dotnet4x updates installation problems.

5. webman

webman MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2019
    use blackviper guide for Windows 7 Services or find in your language " Windows 7 services " .

6. Personally, I think the bypass aforementioned is good enough. General common sense works too.

7. Cab0oze

Cab0oze MDL Novice

May 22, 2020
    Skimmed some of the links that people have posted, and a lot of it is either pretty hardcore stuff, or will be a huge hit on QOL (e.g. UAC turned up to max... no thanks!)
    I'll dig a bit more into them later if I'm bored, but one thing that I have done that I am a huge fan of is getting Windows Firewall Control (free):

binisoft.org/wfc

Gives full control over what inbound and outbound internet connections are being made on your PC, and you don't need to be an expert to use it.

I'd also recommend making sure you're running Microsoft Security Essentials (note, this replaced Defender at some point, but some people aren't aware of this and are still running defender)

Post #1! :D

8. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    #13 NST_Adventure, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    @Squiddy69
    1. Use Online Antivirus Or Your Instinct
    2. Use your instinct to detect virus and anything that are dangerous
    3. Use FOSS Product Instead Of Closed Source (Just Don't Crack Any Product For Now use FOSS Product Instead)
    4. The best antivirus is our caution :)
    5. Replace Default Browser With Privacy Focused One
    Please Take a Look At Midori Browser Or Privacy Browser (i don't know Whether browser privacy exists for computers or not)
    Or If You Don't Want To Replace It

Just always:
    Turn Of JavaScript And Cookies (Now This Time Included With First Party Cookies so say goodbye to login and Synchronize data)

Oh Yeah @Squiddy69
    I Forgot To Mention
    Here I Discuss It For You And All W7 User Credits Belong To You For Idea Of this discussion Thank You :) ;)
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/stay-safe-on-older-and-discontinued-os.82672/

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...