WDS/MDT Driver Deployment

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Deleted member 222776, Aug 3, 2015.

1. #1 Deleted member 222776, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    I have a Server 2012 R2 installation with WDS and MDT installed. We have more than 1000 computers at our company and we need to deploy windows on these machines while making sure the PE environment has networking and mass storage support. We cannot install model-sepcific drivers due the large manufacturer and model variation within our company.

The idea is to inject only lan and mass storage drivers in the boot image (boot.wim) while leaving the rest of the drivers like video, audio, bluetooth in the deployment share folder.

However, something is wrong with the injection as immediately after boot the BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL appears. I tried to takeout each driver at a time but this is very tedious and I need a better way to fix it. I'm using the updated driver packs from Snappy Drivers.

Any ideas? Or alternatives to this?

2. Well I did try them today with dism, like so /add-driver /driver:D:\windows\inf\mshdc.inf /forceunsigned and it still gaved IRQL bsod. Will that tool perform differently than my command?

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    No, it will do the same just easier.

Never had problem with WinPE boot (unless memory was faulty)

sebus

4. The question is, what drivers did you inject. Like I said above, I tried to add lan and mass storage package from DriverPacks.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I always add the one I need(ed) from manufacturer for the hardware that I had to use WinPE on
    Of course only LAN & mass storage are of any interest

sebus