We are all DONE with you Microsoft!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AngrySoccerMom, Jul 29, 2015.

1. AngrySoccerMom

AngrySoccerMom MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    So I wanted to make this Windows 10 launch memorable for my family and decided we'd all wait for midnight. Me, my husband, our son and daughter all have Surface Pro 3s. By the grace of God, we are a very close family and like to do stuff together as a family; this was just an opportunity to spend some quality time together.

So we ordered a pizza for delivery at midnight and then I actually went out and bought a whole bunch of food from takeaway as well.

We're sitting here getting ready for the midnight launch.

We lined up our FOUR Surface Pro 3s and waited for midnight, all excited.

Midnight. Nothing.

Pizza guy comes at 12:10. Still nothing.

Husband starts looking for a fix. Still nothing.

Eventually it's 3:00 AM and my daughter who is just 5 starts crying. So I put the kids to sleep and nobody even eats anything.

I wake up today and throw away the pizza and all the food: NOBODY ATE ANY OF WHAT WE ORDERED and it all went into the bin.

My husband tried to fix and followed all instructions but all four Surface Pros give some nonsense excuse about the update being in waves. THESE ARE FOUR i7 VERSION SURFACE PRO 3S that we paid a lot of money for (mostly for the stylus so as to use it for learning with our children) and Microsoft thanks us by wasting our time and ruining our night. My husband is actually the Finance Director at a company and here is he is wasting his precious time trying to do something he paid someone at Microsoft to do.

I now have to explain to my kids why they can't have Windows 10 and what they are waiting for.

I AM DONE WITH MICROSOFT. WE ALL ARE. Thanks a lot for ruining our night.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    the hell

anyway, sounds like it was fun. Thanks for contributing to MDL, its appreciated...

3. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #3 CODYQX4, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

4. KeithGS

KeithGS MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2010
    Just commenting to be part of this.

5. AliBazzi

AliBazzi MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    The Brutal Microsoft ..

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    3am 5 year old pizza.. I had to say.. the hell??

this should be in Forum Games or Spam-R-Us.

7. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    if u made reservation first
    its microsoft fault
    if not
    its cos servers is hammered

the best is to wait for after the storm :)

8. wasd123

wasd123 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    Nice troll, 7/10

9. tli

tli MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    The audacity of Mircosoft to not put your Surface Pro devices on very top of the update queue?! Who cares about the other *MILLIONS* of worldwide users that are also waiting to upgrade?! Ignorance at its finest... :rolleyes:

10. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Made me chuckle a little.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Jacoub

Jacoub MDL Member

Aug 14, 2011
    People are dieing in other places of the world so I think your kids should be very thankful that they only missed W10 upgrade on the midnight. I can assure you they will survive it & become better people not because of MS it is because of having such a loving family.
    Don’t worry time can heal everything

12. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    MDL needs more threads like this. Great stuff, and a break from the endless begging posts. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Sammy

Sammy MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    Well we don't always get what we want when we want it oh and Tom Brady is a cheater :death:

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for sharing this private story..anyway I have to say not M$ has ruined your night you did it yourself making happiness dependent on a release of an OS...

15. Raymonf

Raymonf MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2013
    What a happy ending!

16. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've had days, weeks and months ruined by Microsoft. If all they ruined for you was one night - you got off easy!