Weather app stopped working.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by darksun1, Jan 14, 2016.

1. darksun1

darksun1 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi, my windows 10 Weather app stopped working,

Things that I did without effect

- Remove the app (powershell) and reinstall it
    - Check for errors chkdsk (no erros found)
    - Switch to a local account
    - Create a new user
    - Check internet connection (any problems)

All others native apps working normally.

Weather worked normally and simply do not opens anymore, it opens but stay in this screen (attachment)

My windows version was the last build and in this latest insider update (11099) the problem continues, this problem is not a version bug.

Does anyone know anything else I can do to solve this ?
    I donĀ“t want reinstall the system. :(
    Thanks a lot :worthy:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      21.4 KB
      Views:
  2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Have you tried The Weather Channel app to see if it works? I use this one, and like it a lot. I am not having any trouble with the app you speak of, but you have done what I would do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. darksun1

darksun1 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    Yes, all the others works fine, only the native weather app stopped working. interestingly is that the live tile updates works fine o_O

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Probably do not work also some more Microsoft app, for example, e-mail (cannot sign in or renew inbox content doesn't work etc).
    Typical error, as much as I know, any medicine does not exist.
    I had something similar about a week ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. darksun1

darksun1 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    No, all others works fine, including e-mail and all natives Microsoft apps. The weather app was working well, but simply stopped. The window opens (stay infinitely in the blue screen start) and the live tile of it works (updating day and temperature). Is very strange. I do not have any third-party software or running antivirus.

6. darksun1

darksun1 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    I think something must have occurred while it was open and "broke" it. Maybe some file... Because when you remove and reinstall it your preferences come back (I see in live tile). I think I should remove via powershell and delete all "bing weather folders" in the WindowsApps folder and only then reinstall. The problem is that folders are inaccessible (move and delete). Is a system folder and the admin can not remove or become the owner of it. Maybe with a live linux distribution I can delete these folders to test this theory.