Weather App

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by makisxxx, Jan 12, 2016.

1. makisxxx

makisxxx MDL Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Hello

have troubles with Bing Weather app I click on it to open and it open and then closes immediately.
    I'm on build 10586.i did everything possible. sfc/scannow refreshing,clean store , reseting store uninstalled installed again etc etc.no luck
    it happen sometimes when I fresh install but I don't know what causes that issue
    any help is welcome

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Have you check the Event Log? Also, check Firewall!

I had some time ago problem with weather in Firewall and was need to exclude!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I recall this problem some time ago which was solved by installing updates. It appeared on the latest official 1511 enterprise and now works just fine though

4. makisxxx

makisxxx MDL Member

Apr 9, 2008
    I did .same issue :mad:
    possible esd corrupt? just asking :g:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Normally the event log will show a bit because the app opened and closed directly again. So, first step: open EventLog and look up the errors!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JP2015

JP2015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2015
    #7 JP2015, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Makisxxx,

Get an ISO of your current build of windows 10, add a new folder on your desktop and cut and onzip the windows iso inside the new folder and run setup with admin rights and sit back it will repair everything " just don't butcher your OS by trying to remove apps and skata and you will be fine...

When the you run set up make sure " you do an upgrade " not full install this way you will do a repair and reset and be able to keep all your apps and activation for your windows 10

If you want the majority of the apps and junk gone there is one way and that is done by using Mr MSMG Toolkit and removing what you wish and don't want right from the ISO and you will not have an issue for awhile

JP2016

7. makisxxx

makisxxx MDL Member

Apr 9, 2008
    @JP
    yes that's what I did I remove some apps using that Toggle Tweaker tool .well I did a format and now works well.problem is now windows store wont update any app
    hahahah
    I'm going crazy :death: ok I will try that tool thanks

P.S maybe the ESD I downloaded is broken? or should I download direct from TechBench?