web and video conferencing technology for online meetings

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by totalbeliever, Feb 3, 2017.

1. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Can anybody suggest a web and video conferencing technology that has great quality video and audio? I'm looking for one to use on online meetings. I need something that we could use in the office and at home, because some of our staff are working from home. security issues should not be a problem when you deploy it in a public or private cloud. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

2. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    No, gotomeeting does have it's own built in audio.... And you can share your webcam if you wish.
    We just elect not to use it for redundancy reasons, If goto happens to go down we don't want to leave our clients hanging.
    Same with the conference call, if it goes down we still have the chat in goto.

My main complaint is goto's menuing system takes a while to get used to, and that actually screwed me up this morning.
    Well, that and lag during high internet traffic usually caused by online attacks. 2 or 3 weeks ago it was nearly a minute, but high internet traffic like that will affect any conferencing software.

No experience with omnijoin.

At work we are having problems with Skype's (Skype for Business) screen sharing, The "white screen bug", and of course they didn't give me enough permissions on the other computers to diagnose or debug it.
    Our offices moved recently and the IT team (of 3) currently have bigger fish to fry. :dunno: