[WEB] Forum Languages?

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by Happpy, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, All!

What is the language that use to make a Forum? For example MDL or any other forum in the World?

We usually see HTML, CSS, JS, JSP are using in making big web sites, specially user login making site.

I've also listened that we need a software to build a forum that calls forum software. Is it right?

Regards,

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well php is a programminglanguage which is used. based on html, mysql is for databases, css is used for webdesign (style, layout)

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    There are WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) softwares which help you develop web pages like dreamweaver in adobe suites but you can use just notepad to create basic HTML sites. The advanced part of html of CSS which helps make layout easier cause you can use one file to do stuff otherwise you'd normally have to repeat on every line of code. Kinda like a function or method for programming sorta...lol This site is really great to learn HTML basics http://www.w3.org/

PHP generally has to do with sites that need to access databases. So for example most CMS's are php based I think because they have to keep track of users, there posts and relationships to site and other members

Good luck

4. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dudes! Why only PHP? Why not JSP and ASP?

I've done HTML, CSS and JS. I know hw to creat basic web pages but didn't use PHP, JSP or ASP. I also had made my web site and I deleted it last year due to heavy work.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    On topic:
    Most designing options for forum software like vbulletin are available through the ACP (admin control panel). I have designed the MDL style and the logo. There are style variables (stylevars) to which you can assign color, images, font, sizes, alignment and shapes. Also image paths. You can design unique png's to use. (Photoshop). Also I'm learning how to program css to have more control to the styling. Also some php can be useful. SQL I never needed before. Bascally you don't need to program to run and design a forum.

There are web designing applications which allow to design a web page without to learn programming such as netobjects fusion (NOF) Generally you can say, the more unique you want to design your page the more programming skills you need.

IMHO with many self created PNGs graphics and the default options of web site creating applications (forum software also) you can design a cool site without to learn much programming. Anyway it is much fun to learn how css'ses are working. I also never needed pure HTML.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Yen! that's a great info. Now I have understand that we don't need very much programming to build a forum. We can just buy it from vbulletin. That's fabulous.

Another thing is that you have designed new MDL logo and banner magnificently. Now it looks real digital. It's so splendid.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks.
    I think web design is about to use graphic programms such as PS. Also to use web designing apps. But when used with default icons / options your created page may look vanilla.
    If you use self created, self drawn icons then the site looks unique. I guess there is nobody that programms his site from scratch...or am I wrong?
    Technically you also should know how to setup the server to run your page. Is php needed, is mySQL needed additionally? Both are needed to run vbulletin since it is a database.

Btw: If you look at the new MDL logo you can notice about similarities to the MDL wallpaper contest submission of N-EYE REVERSED.
    Well, I did not copy anything from another person.
    I want to reveal that N-EYE-REVERSED is me, Yen.:D : I wanted to participate with a new account. It shouldn't matter what I did for MDL before. I wanted to be voted for my submission, only.
    Also try: pronounce n-Eye ... and then reverse it! = Yen lol...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...