Weird CPU loads causing skipping

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Humphrey, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #1 Humphrey, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #2 redroad, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    It's the recording on the internet .. In other words you recorded an already recorded mistake

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Today I tried playing some music I have in my internal storage and got some sickening results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    For me if I'm recording from MOG and using Replay Music 5 @320kbps with my bandwidth I can only do minimal surfing or else it will skip and or effect the recording

5. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    Does it happen when you play a song stored on a flash drive?

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #6 Humphrey, Aug 8, 2013
    (OP)
    Well I do not think you've understood what I said.

Yes I mentioned it I noticed it with Pandora that is all. No longer am I on Pandora listening to music.

Yes I mentioned I was getting these problems when browsing the internet but that is all I am doing, not streaming music from Pandora. Just surfing the web like MDL or digg.com

The rob zombie music is a .mp3 file I have on my computer, local, in storage.

Have not tried that yet but I will now. Yes it still happens.

I noticed that I have the same problem with video files on my MAIN HDD (that has my OS installed on it.)

7. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I listened to both the file and the the youtube link they both have the issue .. My point is "It's the recording on the internet .. In other words you recorded an already recorded mistake" .. That's that issue .. To the other issues don't know .. Just relating how I have to do it to get best possible result .. Only way to test is with a known good file .. could be hardware or software/codecs .. but I don't think hardware .. onboard sound?

8. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    The file I uploaded for you guys to listen to was a recording I made using Camtasia 8 while listening to a MP3 (To be honest, its a FLAC) file that I downloaded from a torrent months ago. This audio file is the same one I have listened to it multiple times before and was just fine. The youtube video was just for reference (so that someone could hear what the song is suppose to sound like) and when I listen to the youtube video I do NOT hear the skipping UNLESS I am also doing other things such as browsing the Internet. I have had this computer for a little over a year now and this is the first time this has happened. If you're experiencing the skipping (as you heard with the recording I made) when listening to the youtube video's then you too have a problem because that doesn't happen normally. It would stop playing and buffer the video before continuing.

I apologize if I am sounding like a ass, its who I am - and I try to be nice here but this is my computer I am dealing with which is putting me under some stress.

9. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    #9 AlexAlba, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    You mean while inside a VM (VMware Workstation)

11. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  12. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I see now, Could that guy be any quieter?

13. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    @redroad - I do not have any music cd's so I will have to fetch one.

@alexalba - I am almost done, get back to you when I am.

14. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #15 Humphrey, Aug 8, 2013
    (OP)
    Well that was taking WAY to long so I pulled out my hard drive and stuck in another one and install Windows 7 HP which is what I am now on.

I installed VLC and started playing the FLAC music file and opened 15 tabs at once with NO skipping.

I think its either going to be the HDD or that install of Windows 8.

Core Temp is show hardly any load at all when opening tabs.

15. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Cool .. I think the actual hardware is good .. Maybe some better tweaks on hardware settings for better recording and you should be ok .. The one link to audacity should give you some good ideas for settings even if your not using it to record .. Wish you the best .. Time for bed here :D

16. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    So... how was it? Was it a hardware or a software problem?

17. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I am thinking software. After I did what I said I rebooted and got "VHD_BOOT_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" on boot. I didn't feel like fixing that cause it was getting late so I just formatted it. After googling the issue it has been suggested that I check whether my visualization is enabled and whether the VHD had enough space. I will attempt to figure it out on the other HDD I have with windows 7 installed but for now, I am just glad to be back up.

18. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    #19 AlexAlba, Aug 8, 2013
    Virtualization? You don't need that. I don't have it and I boot both Windows 8 and Windows 7 off of 2 different VHD files.

Well.. at least now you know it is a software problem :Lighten:

sorry for any inconvenience and extra quiet tutorials

19. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012