Weird issue with Wi-Fi CONNECTION

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by arlawson83, Feb 2, 2023.

1. arlawson83

arlawson83 MDL Junior Member

Nov 23, 2021
    I'm working a Lenovo ThinkCentre M71z with a Broadcom BCM43227 Wi-Fi adapter that refuses to connect to the internet using windows 10. It connects with windows 7/8/11, but not with windows 10. This is a TPM 1.2 system that my mother owns so I don't want to use TPM bypass incase something goes wrong plus she does not like the UI of Windows 11 so I really need to keep Windows 10 on this system. I used the ethernet connection to update the drivers and OS through windows update, but that did not fix the problem. Is there a way to fix this issue?

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    When you go to Windows update there is an advanced options section which may contain a different driver for you which could work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    Have you looked at the adapter in Device Manager? If you right click on the device entry, hit Properties and then the details tab. A Google of the entry may turn up a driver that works.

4. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    There should not be significant differences in drivers between Windows 10 and 11. You can try to save the driver with a third party program in Windows 11 and try to install in Windows 10.
    This is if the problem is in the driver. There may be a bug in the Windows 10 OS code. If you have an official system, you can try your luck with device manufacturer support and Microsoft. The probability of receiving a patch (fix) with the next update is little higher when not only you know about the problem.

The very description of the problem is not enough to give any other recommendations. You need to understand the intricacies of the system if you want to find the cause of the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Why don't you try to get the hradware ID at the device manager?