weird resolution problem please help :)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by matty84, Aug 19, 2012.

1. matty84

matty84 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    Ok so I restarted my pc, and ever since then my resolution has gone weird... it says it's in 1080p, and webpages are the right size, text / font size etc, but the url text is bigger, as is my desktop bar, when I load up a game I have to move my mouse a few inches below the button for it to register, this I am typing now, is the right size, but other things just aren't, I tried changing my res back and fourth, restarting the pc doesn't work either, it loads up Windows 7 Welcome screen, with cursor etc the right size, but then once the desktop loads the resolution goes all weird.

2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    reset your theme to default the "Windows 7" one and see if it fixes it

3. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Have your checked your `Display Adapter` in the Device Manager to see if all is correct regarding the adapter drivers ? are they the latest drivers ?

4. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011

Hey,

happens in the past simillary bug with my 32" Samsung FullHD tv...

Senza titolo-1.jpg

Go to Custom text size, as shown on the picture above, change for a little the value(for ex from 100% to 95%) apply then reboot.
    Then again change to 100% again and reboot.

I consider that u use 100%, i use 150% for a better text readability, with some programs but the bigger text covers some buttons :(

Let us know;)

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Try a different monitor or if this is a laptop try an external monitor. If the problem goes away you have a monitor/screen problem. If your problem stays with a different monitor, uninstall/reinstall your video card driver. It's usually a good idea to get the latest driver from the card maker's website.

One thing you always need to consider are any system changes you may have made just prior to your problem occurring. If you made changes, try undoing them. And, card failures do happen.

If all else fails you can try using System Protection to revert to a point before the problem via a sufficiently old restore point. Or if you have a system image from a point in time when all was working properly restore it.