Weird thing with Gmail

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Scann69, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Since build 6xxx i've had this problem with Gmail account. When i compose an email, the blank space seems to "extend out of my screen" and it does not have a scroll bar at the bottom. The only way to get it back to normal is by hitting "Enter". Also, typing emails from Gmail account seems rather slow in terms of responds. I don't get issues like that with hotmail or yahoo.

i really can't think of a better way to explain this but i hope someone understands what i'm trying to say....or you can try it yourself if you have gmail.

P/s: I've got "themes" turn on. Could be the problem but i'm not very sure yet.

2. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I don't have any problems with my GMail-Account. Neither with Vista, nor with Seven (all themes installed)

3. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If you see the picture attached, you will notice the blank space for typing has extended to the right out of the screen and there is no scroll bar. Weird :confused:

Nobody else gets this in gmail??

Attached Files:

4. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    As you type email towards the end....it does not extend to the right? Mines does :mad:

5. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    No, it doesn't.

I've created a new mail, typing a lot of words with automatic line feed. No problems, no extending, nothing.

Which browser do you use? Does it appear on other browsers too?

6. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm using what came with Win7....IE8 :eek: I guess i could try firefox. Thanx anyway.

7. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I can try it with Win7 and IE later this evening if you want.