Weird Windows 7 Enterprise install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ewanko08, Nov 12, 2013.

1. ewanko08

ewanko08 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    I have a 64bit Windows 7 Enterprise computer and some guy did the activation. I'm sure that this is not a legit copy. He probably used a cracked version or some activation tool.

I tried running MS Toolkit and pressed the "Check" button, but it detects a Windows 7 Ultimate installed in the system. The system properties tells me it's Windows 7 Enterprise. I also have Bitlocker, etc installed in the system which is why I think this is Enterprise edition.

I tried running Daz Loader but it says unsupported OS because it detects Windows 7 Enterprise.

The computer worked fine for years but all of a sudden, it says the Windows is not Genuine. Is there a way to tell how it was previously activated (what kind of tool?). I don't see AutoKMS installed in C:\Windows drive which is why I think it's the not previous tool that was used. And what is the best way to activate it now? I'm thinking of using MS Toolkit.

2. ewanko08

ewanko08 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    #3 ewanko08, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    (OP)
    Paiva, Is there a way to tell which activation tool was previously used? I don't have the original Windows 7 Enterprise installer used and am afraid to run WatFix and not be able to boot.

3. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Windows Loader does not work on Windows 7 Enterprise.

I think it was KMS activation. :)

WAT Fix will fix your activation problems.

4. ewanko08

ewanko08 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Sorry if I ask too many questions :). If KMS Activation was used, wouldn't there be a program installed somewhere in C:\Windows or perhaps in Program Files? I don't see anything related to activation in those folders. I'm just afraid that if I run WAT Fix, I might have to do a Windows Repair and I don't have the installer for Windows 7 Enterprise.

5. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    1 - Some antivirus may have deleted any activator. (KMS tools, folders) .

2 - You can try to activate using KMSpico and see if it works. (no need to run WAT FIX) .

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    First step, at admin command prompt run "cscript slmgr.vbs -dlv" and paste output here between CODE tags.

This will tell information such as activation channel, product type, kms server if any.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...