Weird Windows 7 problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Moopiz, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    So I just installed Windows 7 Pro 7600 RTM, and for some reason I cannot for the life of me start it up normally. If I start it normally, it just gets to a flowery windows logo, no welcome message or anything. However, I can start it in Safe Mode, which Im writing from now.

Any suggestions?

2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Try reinstalling. If that does not solve the issue, try re-burning the install DVD...maybe you have a bad burn...?

What type of PC do you have? Specs? What OS did you have running prior? Were you trying to upgrade? What is your Hard Drive setup like? Need more info...etc...

3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Is it an untouched ISO (matched hash) or is this one of those pre-activated jobs.

4. Richard60

Richard60 MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2009
    Is there a second monitor or TV attached? Maybe the wrong screen is primary. Try disconnecting the second one and restart. You can also switch witn the Windows key and P and use the left arrow-key and enter to switch.

5. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Quick specs:
    Core i7 920 (Watercooled)
    6GB Ram
    295GTX (Watercooled)
    P6T Deluxe v2
    1TB HDD (Sata2)

Should be untouched, but not sure. Im on a connection where p2p really isnt an option, so I use newsgroups to find what I need. Its a 9in1 iso with:
    *Starter x86
    *Home basic x86
    *Home Premium x86
    *Professional x86
    *Ultimate x86

*Home basic x64
    *Home Premium x64
    *Professional x64
    *Ultimate x64

6. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Its not the as I see POST etc when it boots on my main monitor, although I do have both the TV and my second monitor on. Ill try rebooting with those unplugged.

7. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    And unplugging them worked. Thanks :D

8. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Should be untouched, atleast according to Dazs activation tool.

9. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    That is not what that means. LOL.

Yes, your DVD is touched, when they integrated the x64 + x32 counts as a touch.

5 times out of 10 you are probably OK, but some people do bunde a bunch of crapware. Did you have a bunch of non-microsoft stuff pre-installed, then maybe get a new DVD. Otherwise if it seems OK, and your Anti-Virus is not going off, it is probably cool.

10. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Got nothing weird so far. Nothing preinstalled other than the normal crappy MS programs.

11. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Dude, try the link I gave you!

Those are the unouched MSDN Windows 7 isos, both flavours , x86 & x64.

It wouldn't harm you to burn one and reinstall.

Holly crap, Daz's tool says it's untouched.:)) LOL hahahahaha

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #13 HotCarl, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009

Wow...why don't you read up on things first...?

Daz's program only checks whether or not your tokens "activation" files have been altered to achieve RC activation (ex: Orbit's 1.8 Toolkit; when you activate with it, it activates but gives you the "expiration date"...), it does not check whether the whole Windows 7 install is untouched or not... That is outside the scope of the activation tool...

Moopiz, you are fine. The problem was simply that Windows was outputting the desktop to the wrong monitor...simple fix.
    It seems as though you just downloaded an all-in-one copy that has not been altered in any other way...hopefully. ;)
    If you are sketchy about whether or not you have a modified iso that malware has been injected into, then you can download an untouched version and install that (ensure the iso hashes match those that Microsoft has published)...if you want. I would at least install a good anti-virus app and do a full thorough system scan... ;)

13. Moopiz

Moopiz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Man there's some hostility against newcommers on this forum.

@Carl

Yeah, I just didn't figure it was that, since I got POST and everything on my first monitor..

14. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009

No hostility toward newcommers here, people are just ignorant sometimes and like to make fun of others. Anyway, I am glad that your problem was a simple fix. :D

15. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I don't get it. How was my post offensive? Who felt offended, please step forward!