Weird Windows 7 respond

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, May 24, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok so this is a weird situation that i cant seem to find neither a solution but i think i know the cause. On Saturday, i was on a site with IE (shouldnt have being using IE) and i got a fake antivirus-virus. If you need to know the site was xbox360iso.com. I always use Firefox, due to having a great Adblock plus and no scrip blocker, but again stupid me i ran IE.

Now once i got it and noticed it i ran Super Anti-Spyware. Found it as i though, delete it, as i though, but when restart it it will still there. Now as we all know this virus takes control of everything, i cant even run task manager to kill it, it blocks it, it blocks my internet and any new program i want to run, it detects than as virus, stupid thing.

So i ran my computer in Safe mode, there i was able to run Malwarebytes and Spybot search and destroy, both found the virus but both needed t restart the computer to kill it. Spybot search and destroy ran right before the computer complete restarted and kill it. So good, now is gone but now my computer lose some important windows files.

I cant reach now hotmail, i can not reach megaupload. I can not use Jdownloader, cuz my account comes out invalid, only on this computer on my laptop i can do it all. Now This are only a few, there are many more. So i tried to run a backup, but when it went thru the process using Windows 7 repair, it kept telling me there was no back ups, even though i know there is. Now this backups are created by Windows 7 itself. It gets done every Sunday.

So my last option was to reinstall Windows 7, i have no hurt by doing so because everything gets safe on mine many multiple HDDs. So i would just have to reinstall and im back to normal. Now the issue is that when i tried to boot from CD, it does not. It just gets stuck on Boot From CD point for at least 10mins then it automatically boots into windows 7. This disc do boot, i got them from this site. I tried them on my laptop and they work. I tried both DVD-Rom and nothing. When the computer starts i pop the DVD and it auto runs, but for some reason it will not allow it to boot during start up.

I changed the Bios setting, i even use DEL to choose from all boot menus and it still will not do it. Can anyone help me with this?

Sorry for the length of this message i truly apologize, i just wanted everyone to know the whole case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Oh damn, it sounds like to me either that nasty virus changed some bios settings(I would load the bios and select default bios settings and try again) or it actually physically damaged some hardware. I have seen it before. My grandpa's dvd drive got overclocked because of some virus and blew up the disk inside literally. I would definately try the bios settings though. I know some viruses can actually change bios options in the windows environment but like how some windows based programs can do the same thing so it could have actually changed the damn settings. Setting it to "Default Settings" should fix the issue. Not saying that it will though. I personally have never heard of that before but I think it will help. If not then maybe you should take your computer to a professional repair shop and have it looked at.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    hey Sam, thanks for the reply. I will give that a try. I tried so many other things, i mean i can boot up to my Vista Partition and from there reinstall Windows 7 but i will prefer booting from a complete restart and load the DVD on its own. But ill go and try that out and see if it makes any changes.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Ok dude. If it does not help then what I would do is go into the vista partition and install win7 as an upgrade install then try to boot the win7 install cd and try to install it once more. IDK if it would help but it is worth a shot in my opinion. Good luck dude. :)

5. dewot

dewot MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    #5 dewot, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    I was just over at Softpedia and saw something called Fake Alert Removal Tool 1.0. It says it works for all versions of "Fake Alert". I'm not sure if that is what you have (kind of sounds like it) , but it is probably worth a try if the thing has you in corner.

Edit: Just noticed it is free to try (you can see if it detects an infection) but 39.95 to buy.

6. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    hopefully it is gone but, there are a few tools I will mention as I make alot removing these viruses for companies. Hitman pro is a great tool but, will only work for 30 days, after that just use it to identify and then remove with other tools. Super Antispyware is another tool that will scan and clean. If Malwarebytes cannot start then rename the mbam.exe another name and run it from the folder it resides in. The virus is only looking for mbam.exe so if you name it oops.exe and the run it directly because the shortcut will not find the rename it will work. After the virus, you might not be able to go online, use a program called winsockxpfix to reset your winsock settings. Do not forget to check you hosts in your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc it should really only have one entry for localhost except for the Remarked out lines at the top.
    Good Luck

7. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    to all thank you for the replies.

@ Kubato

I did use Super Antispyware, it has actually being my favorite one, the only issue with it is that it also will remove any files the Fake virus is attached to. Which is what it did. But no biggie.

@ dewot

im buying the program just in case it happens again.

To all, well i was able to run the installation to boot menu. What i did was removing all Sata connections to my other 4 HDD and one of the DVD rom. It was able to boot and reinstall Windows 7 with no issues.

The only problem that i am having again, but always had that issue, which i will call EVGA again maybe ill order a RMA, is that my Sata connection 4 and 6 gives me issues. It will freeze my computer when booting. Sometimes it will not load at all, it will show me the boot Screen where all my hardware information is and it will be stuck at Detecting Drives, then will only boot the HDD with OS on it and all others will not after like a 5mins wait. The sometimes it will jsut not boot, it will get stuck and give me a warning message.

Warning! Your CPU is running on safe mode please reset it within Bios and restart.

Sometimes i will have to unplug the HDD connected to Sata 4 or 6 and it will boot with no problems. I will say this, i have never use my first 2 Sata (they are colored RED) Sata 1 + 2, and as far as i know those are for Raid which i dont use, so it is why i have nothing connected to them, but should i? is it ok to use them even without Raid? Can anyone give me a quick answer to this?

sorry for being a bit out of subject.