Western digital HD failed on all of the tests

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by inmydreams, Dec 2, 2011.

1. inmydreams

inmydreams MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    I tried to reinstall windows 7 on laptop and setup stopped during at 48% of expanding windows file. I thought that maybe something happened to hdd because before it was installed windows vista but it didn't boot I got an error that BOOTMGR is missing. I didn't try to repair it because I was pleased to reinstall windows 7 to this laptop. I checked this hdd using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. Quick test failed then I tried to do a extended test and I got an error about bad sector I tried to repair it but I received another error that is impossible to repair it. I also tried to do a zero-fill. First it was showing that expanding time is 2 hours but after a few percent the time started to go up it was going until 7 then until 14 hours. I decided not to wait and cancelled this formatting. I was using a version from HBCD. I also tried to use a dos version. I tried a zero-fill again it was showing that 7 hours left but after few percentage I received a fatal error. I check test results and found out that there are 117 bad sectors on this hdd. Do I have to do something or I just need to replace a hdd?

Sorry for my bad English.