WGA for XPSP3? (logs me off before I get the desktop)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Amillyon, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Amillyon

Amillyon MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    Hello all, I need help with WGA for XPSP3. I was getting the screen gave me the option to resolve my issue with the non legit copy of XP but now when I log on it quickly logs me off.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #2 sebus, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. Amillyon

Amillyon MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    When I boot to safe mode I get the same thing, how can I run the script if I can't get access to the desktop.

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Activation does not run in Safe Mode, so it is not this that logs you off

You can do the change offline (booting with WinPE) or repair installtion with correct OEM disk (that you can make yourself)

At the same time you can learn something, it never hurts

sebus

5. Amillyon

Amillyon MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    Ok, I made the OEM disk. The machine repaired the operating system, I logon.... the machines logs me right back off to the login password screen. Any ideas anyone, I was getting the resolve now or later screen and one day the machine started doing what I just described above.

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Should still be able to boot into safe mode..If you cant, it is likely not the activation causing issues..maybe a crack you used???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    You can always get into safe mode... If I remember correctly, you can get in to safe mode on trial expired installs.

I would suggest a crack or virus is causing you to not allow to boot in safe mode.

Use a WinPE method to remove any cracks/virus and then use OEM to VLK to activate and "legitimise" the install.

8. Amillyon

Amillyon MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    Hello everyone, it was definitely a virus. My userinit.exe file along with others were infected with the W32/Virut virus.. The userinit.exe controls logging on functions.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Time to format and fresh install.