WGA keeping me from loggin into my computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by penkis, Nov 16, 2009.

1. penkis

penkis MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    #1 penkis, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    So I run a pirated version of XP home edition (there is no way I can afford a genuine OS) and the other day I changed virusprotectionprogram. The antivirus deleted the file antiwpa.dll and now I cant even log into my computer.
    When I start my computer and it has finished booting it says that I have an ungenuine version of Xp and need to verify it. If I press yes (verify it) I get up a page where I can type in my key. If I press remind me later I simply get logged out back into the starting screen.

Is there any solution to my problem.
    I dont want to reinstall it cause I got a lot of files I dont want to lose.

I was thinking about putting in my HD into a friends computer as a passive HD and simply get a new antiwpa.dll and put it into system32 again but I would like to know if there is a easier solution.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. penkis

penkis MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    Explain please and post links.
    I don't feel entirerly confident messing around with bios.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Post links no start reading:( its all there. dmi editing is not bios modding totally safe.

5. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    There is no need to transfer your HD to another machine. You can boot Windows into "safe mode" and access your file system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Download the OEMBIOS changer I have in the stickies. Unpack it with 7-zip or similar. Go to activation tools folder and use the wpa thing there. You can boot to safe mode and use it from a usb stick or cd..I would suggest then making the DMI with a SLP string and using the appropriate oembios files. If you have used the WPA thing, you will likely have to repair install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...