What activation method has been the most reliable so far?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Arman-UV, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Arman-UV

Arman-UV MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    #1 Arman-UV, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    I am planning to upgrade my home office server (win 2003) to Windows Server 2008 R2.Considering that I want to install a genuine version of Exchange 2007 on it and I don't want to be forced to reinstall and start all over, I had a few dump questions that I hope you guys answer quickly:

1. Is there a difference between the retail version and the evaluation version ( downloadable from microsoft) of Win2008 R2? Which works better with activator cracks? What do you recommend I download and run the activators on?

2. What ways are available for activating it? (except for WAT removers and loaders).

3. What do you think is the most reliable and has the least effect on the filesystem?

4.Can RemoveWAT or ... cause a potential problem error later when installing and using different programs like forefront or exchange ?

4. If I activate it with one of available loaders or RemoveWAT, do i still need to buy legit CALs?

5.If I check the status of activation by changing the clock of BIOS AND then I refuse to install updates from microsoft that upgrade the windows anti-piracy system (WAT and ...) is it still possible that it gets un-activated after a few months?

*6.Can the evaluation version which is downloadable from Microsoft ( 180 days) be rearmed 5 times without any "side-effects"?

Thanks you all

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. luiggi

luiggi MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    @Tito: Would you mind to elaborate a little bit more on answer #4? Thanks pal!

4. Arman-UV

Arman-UV MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    #4 Arman-UV, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot Tito...
    Anybody else knows about CALs?
    BTW, what about retail and VL keys that are on the net? Do they work permanantly?

5. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    BIOS mod must be the most reliable method activating Windows, you can have your computer activated via OEM method and you would have it the same as an OEM computer which is of the same brand as yours.
    I think getting your computer activated with OEM SLP would be more trusted than entering a genuine license key, since everyone can use the same OEM SLP~ :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. letsgoawayhell

letsgoawayhell MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Switch to OEM SLP channel. That sure is the best and safest methd out there.

7. buonleloi

buonleloi MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    One problem is Exchange 2007 can not install on Server 2008 R2.
    You may want install Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2 with key can find on G..

8. gelelim

gelelim MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2010
    thanks for the info here

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And why would you want Exchange for home use? (or any use for that matter!)

There are way better mail servers available

sebus

10. Arman-UV

Arman-UV MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    When I said home office I meant more of a office with 5 employees. The reason we are using exchange is that our branch in europe is using the same system and we don't want to encounter any problems because of using 2 different applications. Another reason is that we already have bought license foo exchange.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Still, I can not understand Exchange use. And especially for 5 people...

It is like trying to kill a mouse with a cannon

sebus

12. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I am an Exchange Expert and have been using all the version since Exchange 5 (way back when). Do not waist your time with Exchange 2007, go straight to 2010. It is soooooo much better than 2007. I have been using 2007 since its intro and have spent nights crying about the problems our company has been having. It was not reliable and very problematic. Exchange 2010 has fixed all the issues and works great. There is no comparison, please avoid 2007. I will note that Exchange 2007 with service pack 3 just released on June 6 is much, much better but, on a new install do not waist your time. You can get Exchange 2010 on the net to test. Go to h33t dot com and search for Exchange 2010 get the one by Msoft Exch Serv 2010 (64-bit){h33t}{mad dog} , note: I changed the name to protect the ???? bots search.