Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Crosshair24, May 2, 2015.
What are the advantages and disadvantages in Bios Modding?
- Brick your motherboard, then:
- Buy a new motherboard
- work out if there's a way to recovery flash it
- buy a eprom programmer to flash the bios.
- For Activation? If so then Slic is always there & Vist/Win7 installs would appear genuine to MS.
- No need for a loader, crack or patching.
- Fix some stupid defaults. ie MS 970A-G43 default for Sata is IDE. Modded to default of AHCI is better.
- Add your own cool Legacy and/or UEFI logo.
- upgrade outdated option rom if required.
- enable SLI on boards that only do Crossfire.
- Use a loader
Yes, troublesome under uefi installation.
if flashig goes wrong then the motherboard become crappy...