What are you going to Do?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by David34, Sep 23, 2015.

1. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Everyone can upgrade from Windows 7 and 8 for free to Windows 10, after month of use windows 7 and 8 keys get disabled by Microsoft you won't be able to go back to your old os.

What I found more is that when you uograde from Windows 7 and 8 to 10 and clean install 10 you will be able to reinstall windows 10 5 times after that the server will block your windows 10 activation key, and you won't be able to activate it again and you won't be able to go back to your genuine windows 7 or 8.

I have tested it on two computers upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 activating, clean installing, on each computer clean reinstalled windows 10 5 times and both computers got keys blocked after that and not possible to activate them anymore.

So what are you going to Do? ;)

2. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014

Windows 10 upgrade use generic key and your hardware id and you can activated your copy every time who makes clean install for activated you must have open your internet connection.Now you how you blocked this method i dont understand:g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #3 tnx, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Five times ? Is that right ?

You can only install a fresh copy of Win 10 five times then after that it goes South ?

First I have heard of this. I have been messing about with Win 10 quite a lot the last few days and just the other night I must have installed it four times alone.
    Well I need to test this..
    Guess what I'm doing on my test machine right now ?:biggrin:

Well over five times now and still activated.
    It will get over ten by the time I have got bored of messing and begin to use it as my main OS.

I was thinking of digging out my old Windows 2000 disc and having a look at that for old times sake.

4. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    As far as I remember - the number of times for activation was a clause in the retail version EULA - "that you can activate Windows 7 Ultimate certain number of times without changing Hardware within certain Months and Maximum 10 times after Hardware changes, but only through Phone activation method after Hardware Changes.

Somebody, Please correct me with exact details.:g:

5. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I did upgrade from 7 to 10 on two pcs and then clean installed on both reinstalled 5 times and couldn't activate 6th time, Keys on both were blocked. That's what is going to happen to many people after that year free uograde it will be fun and wonder how's Microsoft going to deal with it lol probably by advising people to buy retail copy of Windows 10 spyware.

6. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
  7. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @Engineer try it yourself and see how many times will you be able to reinstall win 10 and activate it I did it on the machines both got blocked

8. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I have reinstalled countless times. Always activates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @David34 - Already Answered. :D

10. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Dhjohns then I don't get how come both of my pcs got keys blocked after just 5 reinstallations I also called Microsoft about it and all they said was to buy retail copy

11. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I don't understand it either.

12. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    simple: you need to install baidu antivirus to activate your windows 10 copy again...:evil2:

13. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    yro are you Chinese or something? I don't use antiviruses since my experience with Windows 10 I started using Ubuntu

14. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    poor child...

15. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @dhjohns I just found out you're Microsoft fan boi and full of crap lier so it's not like you said the truth saying you reinstalled windows 10 multiple times and your key is still working. Your opinion doesn't count as you are LIER! If you upgraded windows 7 or 8 to 10 your 7 and 8 key gets blocked after month then after you reinstall windows 10 5 times your win 10 gets blocked too

16. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    OEM copies must stay to the motherboard, you can clean install as many times as you like, if you're going to clean install each week for no reason, I imagine that people would image the system.

Retail copies can be moved from the motherboard to another, but when you clean install you need to call MS and provide the old retail key.

You just had an error, which has happened many times where someone goes from upgrade to clean and they get the blocked key or other errors.

17. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Microsoft employee Gabriel Alu stated- Once you upgrade W10 w/ the free upgrade offer you will able to clean reinstall Windows 10 on same device any time.

Anytime, not 5, not 6, anytime as the OS connects to the MS server.

P.S. People here at MDL are here to help, please try and be positive and don't be rude.

18. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I do like Windows 10. I think it is an awesome piece of software. Please do not be rude, I am only trying to help. I told you I did not understand what happened, but I am sure there is a solution. I would install connected to the internet, skip key, express settings, and Microsoft Account. It should be activated unless you have switched motherboards or something.

19. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I've reinstalled more than 5 times with the final build and preview builds. I never had a problem with my MSA account automatically activated my windows 10. If this was a issues more people would have the same problem that you have ,especially on this forum.

Please stop spreading FUD.

20. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @dhjohns I can see you not only like windows but you also love cortana don't ya? Bet if you could you would make with cortana at least a few little cortana spies wouldn't ya? ;)

It has happen to me twice on two different machines I don't think that is some error plus I have called Microsoft customer service and was told that best option would be to buy retail key, they didn't help me fix anything and I have wasted hours on the phone