What CAR do YOU own?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x86, Jul 30, 2011.

1. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #1 x86, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    Right, since I am a motoring (and motorsport) enthusiast I would be curious to see what each of you is driving at the moment. I mean - car or cars that you actually own. If you wish posting something regarding your dream car, then you can do so at the appropriate thread. Let's try and not make this a Ferrari / Porsche / Lamborghini thread - unless of course you do own one :glare:

It doesn't have to be an expensive / fast / luxurious car - anything that you own (and love!) - so don't be ashamed! For instance, I am a proud owner of a ...

'03 Peugeot 106 Rallye

106.jpg

There are quite a few reasons that led me towards buying this little car. Some of those reasons include: excellent handling / sporty setup, very reliable engine, good looking, small / practical...

It wears a few mods - not BIOS-related ones - but you could argue that because I had the ECU tuned to match the uprated parts that I have installed (although not quite sure what firmware its on) :biggrin3:

Other than that the exterior / interior or the car have been left completely untouched (i.e. MSDN-like...) :D

Future plans include an uprated suspension & brake system as well as replacing its existing stock differential with an LSD. The intention here is to gradually turn this into a track-day car. As you might imagine, this is an expensive hobby, so that might take a while to become reality :(

[EDIT] (Sat 27 Aug 2011)

Pug's at the garage the last few days. And this is why :p

s1.jpg s2.jpg s3.jpg

... also to be fitted / replaced:

s4.jpg

Will post back at some point with ... first impressions :drive1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda obvious, my avatar and my nickname says it all :D [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    1972 gremlin 06-1972-gremlin-xlt.jpg :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Yes - this is what I understood when I first saw your avatar. Always being huge BMW fan myself.

Very nice car - and in my opinion the E39 is probably the best 5 series ever. And the 4.4lt V8 should just add up to that excitement :D

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #5 x86, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    (OP)
    To be honest, I don't think I ever seen one here before. Still looks cute and seems you kept it in a good condition - meaning you have become emotionally attached to it - am I correct :g:

The very first car I drove was my parents' FIAT 127. That always brings up memories...

And an off-topic question - is that you in your avatar GIF?

6. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #6 Alphawaves, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    My pride and joy given to me by my dad this spring :)

Brazilian import(Fleetline)

[​IMG]

:shisha:

7. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Audi 100 2.8
    175HP
    1992 Year

This car drives fast,though its old i drove on freeway in Germany 240km/h lolo Was scary experience
    For me as a big man its very comfortable:worthy:

[​IMG]

8. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Alpha is this a hippie mobile?
    And are you a hippie?

[​IMG]

9. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    That's amazing :D

Look at the size of that VW logo :rotflmao:

I think we all have to agree that they don't make cars like that anymore...

10. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Looks like the predecessor of the S8. Certainly kind of looks like one. And 175HP out of 2.8lt in 1992 - I presume that one must be turbocharged :unsure:

240km/h -> not bad at all :busted_blue:

11. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Good to see another bimmer enthusiast here (like I didn't know that already :D)

Canouna; somehow we are worst drivers on the road, dunno why...they jealous? :confused: :D

Identifying the 10 Worst Drivers on the Road Today

12. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    1986 Vett - Summer time toy

S5000040.jpg

:cool:

13. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #13 x86, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    (OP)
    Bimmer enthusiasts are more than welcome here :cool2:

What's more, Jeremy Clarkson during the early episodes of Top Gear, has declared that BMW drivers (and in particular M3 drivers) are c0cks. Then, at more recent episodes he declared that c0cks have now stopped buying BMWs and turned to Audi instead :D

Still, for those of us who watch Top Gear for the fun bit, already know that JC is a bit of a c0ck himself (although he wouldn't admit it of course). So, I wouldn't take anything he says for granted :biggrin:

A car, is always just a car. And c0cks are just c0cks - regardless of what they drive...

@ RedSpider
    That is a nice toy indeed. Unfortunately for the rest of us, we wouldn't be allowed to have it anywhere else but the US (who fortunately for the car industry, are not CO2 conscious yet) http://forums.mydigitallife.net/vb4_style/smilies_default/confused2.gif

14. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    After this series Audi 100,they called them Audi A6 so its a little bit smaller than the Audi 8.
    Before i drove it some old grandpa took it every month to service,thats why i never had problems with him;)

15. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    The only Audi I ever managed to get my hands on (so far) was a A3 1.8lt TFSI (160HP). Basically, it was a test drive :ninja_hide:

My impressions were nice low-to-mid range torque and a comfortable ride. I wasn't so impressed with its cornering abilities though - too much understeer o_O

16. Win-World

Win-World MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2011
    my is an older Corvette, like this.
    [​IMG]

17. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Is that a C3?

"Like this" - not actually that one :confused:

18. Win-World

Win-World MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2011
    Yes, from 80's "Collector Edition" Cross-Fire Injection and The had a "0" in the sixth digit of the VIN rather than the "8", 1982 all Original and no Rust.

19. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Bmw 330i ;)

[​IMG]:cool:

20. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Very nice ... the 3rd MDL bimmer enthusiast, keep it coming :)

That one in the picture actually yours? Big junction, but looks kind of deserted, where is that :confused: