What do I need to run Windows 8.1 Core without Telemetry and Windows 10 Nags.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Nongshim, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

I know abbodi has threads and different scripts on here, but I was wondering everything needed to assure no telemetry and Windows 10 nags. Also I remember copying and pasting a script from abbodi to put in cmd to stop the gmx thingy and windows 10 nags, are those replaced by the new downloadable scripts? Thank you.

2. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Disconnect from the Internet. There are Several Threads You could read to stop the "Win 10 upgrade telemetry and upgrade" ranging from simple programs to scripts. But, "Telemetry" is a necessary part of keeping Your OS up to date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Keep your hard drive in a safe, that should work

hard drve safe.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    no longer my OS; I disconnected my windose pc from the internet the moment m$ invented "Telemetry"; I cannot be bothered with preventing "Telemetry" sold as a necessary part of keeping your OS up to date.it is just an essential part of the m$ sales patter, imho.. i simply [sic.] installed linux..and i lived happily ever after. while i appreciate your postings of upgrading a w10 pc to w7, the problem still remains with w7and 8. daily kb updates, with a truckload of sh**t... "Telemetry" is just a pain. and windose is a dying OS. there is a free, open source alternative to it. just my 2 cents.

5. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    Windows 8.1 for games not connected , Linux as main OS problem solved. :clap:

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    A time machine

or some eyes, and the ability to read threads

7. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
  8. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

I just use GWX Control Panel, disables upgrades to Windows 10. Don't care about 'telemetry', so it doesn't matter.