What do you do to enhance your android device sound system?

Discussion in 'Android' started by sid_16, Jun 29, 2017.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks for this thread, sid_16.
    (Have just noticed it when it has been moved to the Android forum)

I am using viper4android on Samsung phones. Over at XDA (different username) I had been involved in Samsung specific research how to get it working properly.
    Samsung uses own sound processors/libs which have to be disabled for music replay but left enabled for other (rest of) purposes such as voice calls.

I am familiar with modifying mixerpaths.xml and audio_effects.conf therefore.

BTW viper4android runs on SELinux enforcing mode anyway.

You only need to write a shell script (.sh) which has to be copied to /su/su.d and chmod'ed to 0700
    There you have to grant some rights for the mediaserver.
    chainfire's supolicy tool (comes with his superSU) can do that.

Systemless root:

Code:
    #! /system/bin/sh
    /su/bin/supolicy --live "allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs:file { read write execute };"

I've tried a lot to get most and best sound out of Samsung devices. I have got quite good (and expensive) headphones.

IMHO viper4android (original) is actually all you need. Nothing can beat it.

Over on XDA there are a lot of (useless) bundles with pre-configured settings...

I am familiar with Samsung devices and I did own theme mods (framework-res and SystemUI mods).
    Recently I do only viper related modifications since good sound is important for me.

If somebody has Samsung/viper specific questions or system related questions about Samsung Android devices feel free to ask.

Maybe I can help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I find that using better low impedance headphones makes a bigger difference than a software fix.
    Sid you should have tried the zte axon 7 rather than redmi, if audio was your main point of interest.

4. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #6 Jari, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    I installed this one too: eXtremeBeats Aural Maximizer 2 and it makes a difference. No apps to play, but it makes sounds better. Nice one, thanks.

By the way, I just removed strange characters from a file name before installing it.

EDIT: removed, as not sure about true improvement. it might increase battery usage :(

5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Thanks Yen sir for reviving this thread. I've deleted it but it was not deleted properly.
    I've a question for Viper, Viper when mixed with other sound mod e.g with Dolby Atmos and Sonybeats or Dolby Atmos and extreembeats compiled by Guitardedhero with high quality driver preinstalled gives an awesome sound experience but when one use only viper either from playstore or from the developer's site make no such difference in sound. Moreover sometime it gives an error in its driver like abnormal etc.. on certain device/s. You told in your post that Viper works in Selinux enforcing but I've encountered abnormal status in Selinux enforcing, then I flashed somebody's Selinux permissive script from XDA then it made Viper to work.

Glad to know, you've a passion for good sound and you're active in XDA. May I know your XDA name please if not here (in PM) :p

Thanks,
    sid_16.

6. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Viper4Android + Neutron Music player is da s**t. :D

7. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Mine is ViperAtmos with Sonybeats powered with Poweramp, sound is awesome.
    I've good profile with headset/earphone tweaked and all the best IRS to boost the audio experience.

8. son13wo33

son13wo33 MDL Member

Nov 24, 2011
    eXtremeBeats Aural Maximizer great one on my samsung galaxy duos gt-s7262 worked like a charm so thanks