What do you think of TorrentPrivacy?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Nothing....peer-to-peer is observed and ISPs do not protect privacy. I have already said what I think.
    If you want to download copyright material use Usenet (originally "Unix User Network") subscription. (UseNeXT , Usenet.nl and Firstload ) :rolleyes:

If you want to watch movies use streaming portals...

But be aware that to download copyright material is mostly illegal anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    the illegal done legally

1st you give him directions & then warn him about the legal risk factor :D

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    but when I google download torrent privacy and read links of good VPNs tht do not keep logs and stuff, those sites usually have TorrentPrivacy listed in there so I was hoping to get more user feedback

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    it is all at your own risk really. If you cannot do the time, don't do the crime :twisted:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Sure, appealing to maturity! Like EFA11 has said, it remains always the own risk and own responsibility, not those of others! I myself wouldn't do it, anyway those possibilities exist, they don't become legal when I am (or somebody else is) mentioning them. Consider it as info, not as instructions.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Don't think to much about it, I mean you must be the only person on the planet that I know who did not know when downloading through torrents you are also uploading so you are file sharing :eek: That is fine but when you get into paid for software and movies and music e.c.t then watch out. We are not all innocent but I gave up torrents a while back for a small cost you can use RPNet ,Zevera, Real-Debrid and have premium downloads speeds from multiple file sites and when you download it is through there servers.

8. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    personaly, i use RT Windows store

9. jassi

jassi MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Use a seedbox provider from another country with whom your country has bad relations.You will be safe :D
    Or ask your friend to share/setup an server(seedbox) for you in other country.

10. dmz00

dmz00 MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2013
    seedboxes are good if you are apart a private bit torrent community. Most seedbox providers do not allow downloading from public trackers.

11. linkwell

linkwell MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2013
    Some seedbox providers will allow you download from public trackers but will not allow uploads. This policy is stictly enforced. But really you should be looking at private trackers and seedboxes in another geographic locations.
    If you do use private trackers you need to keep your ratio up you'll only achive this using a seedbox unless you want to leave your computer running 24x7.

12. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    this private / public trackers is all new to me

can you please elaborate?

I usually get my torrents off PirateBay and Iso Hunt and Kickass torrents depending on what I'm looking for

13. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    think private clubs lol

there are groups who stay behind locked doors and sometimes offer people to join them in their private club for a dance or two. TPB, KA etc are public.

14. Erik B

Erik B MDL Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Just move to Sweden :cool: