what do you think about airpods?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by limestree01, Aug 8, 2019.

1. limestree01

limestree01 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2019
    #1 limestree01, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2019
    Hey, do you have any comments on airpods? is it a waste of money or a good investment?

2. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    each to their own, ear buds and apple products aint for me. very pricey for what they are.

3. Kolyei

Kolyei MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    My brother has a pair of airpods. Only used them once. Great audio, but ONLY in a quiet environment. He ended up buying a pair of taotronics earbuds for $25 (with a discount code) and he loves it! I own a pair of Anker Soundcore Liberty Air earbuds that usually cost $79, but I got them used for $34 on ebay. To me, they sound even better than the airpods due to the eartips. That was definitely worth it and I use them everyday.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Wouldn't anyone want to correct spelling mistakes at least in the title and first post.

A bit later.
    Thank You, now it's much better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jerseyboy

jerseyboy MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    I was given a pair as a birthday present - best thing since sliced bread. Amazing audio quality and pairing with all Apple products is just about automatic, and with other makes just follow the normal procedures.

6. windrider

windrider MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2010
    I have to agree they are great. My daughter bought a month or more back and yes it is pretty much automatic for them pairing with all Apple Products you use. She says the sound is amazing as well

7. JamesMilner

JamesMilner MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2019
    Well they are great But they are Surely a lot of Expensive

8. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    - Apple's Airpods: 179€
    - Apple'a Airpods Pro: 279€
    - Chinese Clones: 6€ (yes 6€, no typo)

From the comments about the chinese ones, everyone seemed satisfied, but the audio quality was reported as average. Battery not lasting as long as you expect? By 2 or 3 sets!

9. Brent Lorris

Brent Lorris MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2019
    I think its sound so clearly and good. I like Airpod Pro

10. I see them too often. Plus, they look rather stupid. It looks like someone had shoved a bit of pipe cleaner up their ears.

11. Ken Hardner

Ken Hardner MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2019
    I don't like them, because they make my ears hurt....:(