What dvd burner are you guys using in Windows 7 64bit?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by msr, Sep 10, 2009.

1. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    #1 msr, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    What dvd burning software are you guys using in Windows 7 64bit?

I have found that the only dvd burning software that works in windows 7 rtm, is imgburn 2.5.

What dvd burner are you guys using, as i have tried nero, ashampoo, and others.

Only imgburn works for me and it means i have to make an iso file first.

So what one works for you guys?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iakinthos

iakinthos MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    UltraIso Premium for ISO files and Ashampoo Burning Studio v9.12 for cds and dvds:)

3. yagami_kira

yagami_kira MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Nero 8 worked for me. Also Alcohol

4. TeeCupp

TeeCupp MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Should be burning software not burner,burner is the term for the hardware.
    Ashampoo Burning studio v8, DVD SHRINK, DVD Decrypter.

5. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Using old nero express 7.9 here. Works flawlessly. For burning iso's easily I use burncdcc. It's a one click iso burner.

6. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Sorry did not spot that, yep your right. Edited. thx

Its funny how i have tried most of the ones you have listed, but only imgburn works in my windows 7.

I usually use nero 7, for making dvds, but it keeps making coasters in windows 7.

The only way it works for me now, is to make iso image, and burn with imgburn.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Simpler the better, I use imgburn for most things, Ultraiso for making bootable media.

8. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Both my main computers are running windows 7, and both just cannot make dvds for some reason.

Now imgburn is not working, and keeping making coasters, lol.

I will try to reformat to see if that helps, but man these things are a pain sometimes.

9. TeeCupp

TeeCupp MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Try this mod

OK try this which ever software you would like to install and try do one of two things or both.
    1= Right click program install/setup file and then properties now go to Compatibility and check the box (run program in compatibility mode for vista sp2) from the tab.
    Now check Privilege level box (run as an administrator) now APPLY >OK.

2= Or do the above but run setup/install as normal once installed right click program short cut file and then properties now go to Compatibility and check the box (run program in compatibility mode for vista sp2) from the tab.
    Now check Privilege level box (run as an administrator) now APPLY >OK
    And see how things turn out for you.
    By the way I did not need to do any of the above mods to get mine to work.
    Good luck.

10. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    thx i will try that, never thought you would need to run dvd burner as administrator, but it may work, as from what i seen windows 7 can be funny with file permissions.

Thx for advice, will try later and get back to you.

11. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Na just tried, same coasters.

Will just reinstall windows fresh and see if i can burn without installing apps.

12. ryaxin

ryaxin MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    I personaly use Nero, works well.

BTW, Windows 7 Ultimate has it's own burning program. Small but it works just as well.

Just click on the ISO file and Windows 7 will open up the burning program.

13. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    #13 ailef, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    running last nero 7 and last nero 9,
    i had troubles when i opened nero burning rom and clicked on new to open the explorer into nero BRom, then i stopped nero.exe and win 64 asked me to look for solution and restart nero and i have no more troubles, i can clic again on new and open the explorer in nero.
    so there's a prob with the explorer and nero, it cannot open if it doesnt open to the computer icon.
    i dont know how this prob came as i had no troubles before but the prob began for 1 or 2 weeks, maybe there's a conflict with another program installed but i didnt fin yet what's the problem.

update : maybe i found a way to recover from this problem, if i set the burner to image recorder then i can open the explorer into nero as i had again the same problem, i forgot to put the explorer on computer icon before i closed nero. it seems if i use image recorder i can open new nero compilation.

update 2 : it seems it doesnt correct the problem, i have again the same trouble.
    found another way and it seems working, i close the menu and choose open then i change the folder and choose computer then when i clic on new, the explorer succesfully opens.

14. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Might be your hardware or how you installed/configured W7 for your DVD burner (the hardware).

Did you consider the possibility that your DVDs (the discs) are pooched or that you are trying to burn at too high a speed? Seems odd that 2 machines would have the same problem unless it is the DVDs themselves.

Every DVD burning software I've tried has worked fine. I am currently using the same versions of Nero8 and Alcohol 120 that I used on Vista and they work perfectly...in fact I can't recall the last time I had a coaster burned, probably at least 2 years.... I am using Ritek (Ridata) DVDs; they are cheap & work on every machine we have (2 laptops, 4 desktops/servers)...

15. LaZBoy

LaZBoy MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2008
    Windows 7 RTM Ultimate x64

Using Nero 9.0.9.4 here without a single issue.

16. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm using Nero 9, and I've also used VSO ConvertXtoDVD, DVDFab (which uses VSO's burning engine), and whatever Acronis uses for burning it's emergency boot CDs.

17. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    nero 9 no issues. idk why your is messed. maybe your burner it self crapping?

18. zed87

zed87 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    My previous burning software was Nero 9 and I was really furious with size of every new version of this sh*t, but now I'm using BurnAware Pro and I have all I need. It takes only 24,2MB, the main window starts really fast and has simple and intuitive interface. The only disadvantage is unsupported overburn. (imho it's not so important)

19. Batavian

Batavian MDL Novice

May 4, 2008
    I used MagicIso.

20. The_Avatar

The_Avatar MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    CDBurner XP.

Don't let the name fool you - it can also burn dvds, blurays and hd-dvds.