What "files" are deleted?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jetjock, Dec 11, 2014.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    #1 jetjock, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Being new to Win 8.1, I set up my daughter's machine (Win 8.1) using my Microsoft account because I didn't understand what a "local account" was. As I learned, I found out I could just create a local account for her as administrator which I did. Everything I installed under my account shows up in her account now, and I have tweaked all of her settings. I would like to remove myself from her computer, but the "all other files will be deleted" message has me scared! Since I installed all of the programs on her machine under my account, will they be deleted if I remove my account totally? I don't care if all my personal stuff is deleted, but I don't relish starting over from scratch!!

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    your personal files get deleted, programs don't
    you have to open the program in her account and then delete yours, so you can enable it there

3. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    #3 jetjock, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    (OP)
    Delete my what?

Thanks. I just did some digging around and found out that very few app data files were in her account that were in mine. I copied all the missing ones over to her roaming\app data folder. Not sure if that was needed or not. Any other suggestions?

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...