What for you is the most important software ever made and why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PaulTroll1282, Dec 28, 2017.

1. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    For me the best software ever made is
    μTorrent because i do pirate :Dcause our family is not rich in anyway i live in the philippines when not everyone is rich and where money doesn't grow on trees the money that my dad earns is enough for us to eat three times a day. Yup lifes hard.o_O

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Can't say I really have a favorite software. But I did get a Colossus2 HD pcie card and a HDCP stripper for my pc that allows me to watch and record HDMI video & cable tv (just got it from Santa)
    Does hardware count?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Most important has to be whatever they use at the electric power plant to keep my lights on!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    BIOS software. Without it your OS could not communicate with your hardware.

5. ultimo404

ultimo404 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2017
    For me its the browsers, browse various websites to get information and entertainment :D

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    have a lot dude, but I think here no doubt is MSMG Toolkit always:):worthy:

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    IMHO it's the free alternatives to paid apps. Especially development tools.

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi MJ how are you :D, I hope you and your mom all fine another day I send PM for you but for some reason you don't answero_O later I send another ok still Happy new year adorable MJ :worthy::hug2:

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Happy New Year my friend. I hope all is well with you and yours. :)

10. Norbert Sebastian

Norbert Sebastian MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2018
    I think, the best software ever made is dr.Fone that helps you to recover all the lost data from your phone.

11. samoray

samoray MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2008
    My favorite application for windows is "everything" (it's an application name ;) )from (voidtools)
    it simply lets you search everything in your computer very very fast better than windows search itself.
    I like that app and it's free.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :whistling:
    I can't live
    If living is without you
    I can't live
    I can't give anymore

Shadow Defender, ftw.

13. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    I would have to choose Macrium Reflect as a must-have piece of software. It's saved me from re-installing Windows more times than I can remember. You're much better off having a backup image and never using it than needing a backup image and not having one available.

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The browser is the best software, you can view pron and John Sutherland's poop fetish links in chatbox :laie:

15. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    @R29k: Remember - Poop spelled backwards is still poop.

16. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Ah! Palindrome... Yeah!

17. ImranMagic

ImranMagic MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2020
    Internet Download Manager because any time I need to download a video with one click.

18. GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi MDL Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Total Commander.

19. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    Not meaning to be impolite, but there is a slight problem with this question. But let me provide background first.

There used to be an East Group and a West Group of human beings that were most definitely known as "computers". I am not at all joking here. They were at Langley and it was that outfit before NASA and I have to be honest that I am typing from memory and I do not remember the full abbreviation/name of that research organization's name before NASA, but it also started with NA [then] something-something ,,, if I am remembering correctly.

Now these ladies that were called computers really were just exactly that. They took all the numbers and narrowed what they had down to something the engineers could then use to make decisions. There were a lot of them.

If I remember my early classes correctly, the computers in machine form y'all are asking about were used by NASA (by that time the name had changed) just about the first few flights of the Mercury program, or a tad before. But many pilots/astronauts and some engineers didn't trust the early machines and used the original computers many times to check the machines.

So there were real live humans called computers. Check it someplace and you'll see what I mean.

So when I saw this topic/thread the first thing that entered my mind is the human brain is the finest software available. Some of the programs those computers wrote, those human ones, are still used by NASA. Mrs. Johnson (Kathy, if memory serves) is especially well-known around NASA for her work. The Apollo 13 crew were saved primarily because of Ms. Johnson's work.

Apologies for the long explanation as to why I answer the human brain as being Software Number One. And it is so strange that now smart folks are trying to go full circle and take the machine back to the original computer, the human.

20. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Interesting that no one has pointed out that it could be CCleaner.
    Absolutely irreplaceable and necessary for everyone at all times, but there is nothing that can replace it.