What happened to the site?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yull, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Yull

Yull MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    What happened to the site? I can not see new articles for several days !!!

You are on vacation?

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    You might need to hit F5 on keyboard :eek:

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Do you mean the mainpage www.mydigitallife.net?

If yes, then I am sorry I don't know. I am administering the forums only.
    You should ask over there.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yull

Yull MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    My browser (I use portable SRWare Iron or portable Firefox 5) is set to clear all private data (history, cookies, etc) on exit. But I realise that were several days without new articles.
    As can I see, the activity on mydigitallife.net was resumed... :biggrin:

5. jiangzhenjerry

jiangzhenjerry MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2011
    Nothing happened I believe...:p And don't expect too may new articles when there isn't too much news.:rolleyes:

6. JAQUEBAUER

JAQUEBAUER MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    Last website entry july 7 whats up?

THIS WEBSITE mydigitallife dot info has not been updated since July 7. Is their a reason why? We miss the news feeds you bring us!

7. pinh3ad

pinh3ad MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2008
    So, by the way ...
    ..I'm from Germany and I and many people around me, recently had multiple misfires of the connection. Since i can't reach pages like fixdown, 9down, etc.
    Does anyone know the true meaning of Web 2.0? A switch to new protocols, that can control everything by the root?
    Hope MDL is not became a victim. Because MDL is world famous!
    May be that I'm getting paranoid! May be not!
    Who knows?

8. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    10 days and no updates. I would think that mdl has gone the way of kaznews with the forums still running but the main page dead.

Anyone got an alternative?

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I think that is a bit rude to come on here and ask for an alternative site to MDL there isn't one but you are free to go and search yourself. As for web page not been updated do you ever think that admin may be on holiday.

10. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    noticed that earlier, clicked markd forum read link on the main page and it seems to have resolved itself.

11. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Normally a web site doesn;t have a single admin person running it that updates the web pages. Lets face it this is normally automated with a group of people having the ability to post. Does these forumns only have a single moderator for instance? The answer is simply no it doesn't. If you look at Kezs it went the same way. In fact the web page is still up although a year old and the forums are still running. The question had already been asked as to what had happened to the posts and there was no actual answer provided so the logical extension is that there is no one in the forums that actually knows either.

So I think that acrsn questions answers whats actually going on....new posts are coming in and not going to the top of the list so they are not visible. If no one raised this then no one would know.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I answered to the best of my ability with the knowledge I have there are admins Yen, Ancestor (v) who normally see to forum then there is and root admin who owns the site. Until member with admin status answers that is all the information I can tell you.

13. bphlpt

bphlpt MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    #14 bphlpt, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    Seems to be working fine for me.

EDIT: Correction, I see what you mean. It seems it is not recognizing that a post has been read, so the "New Posts" list just continues to grow.

EDIT2: LOL No, that's not it. Looks like it's just screwed up.

Cheers and Regards

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I have reported issue in mods section.

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's no issue and nothing is screwed, it simply works different and you didn't get it..lol.... I have tested option3 for one day.
    thethingy is the only one who has got it..

Now I have switched back to default (cookie based).

This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
    1. Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies. This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.
    2. Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum. This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.
    3. Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read. This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.

I found option 3 to be the best though.

@ tommiy The MDL forums team is not responsible for the MDL mainpage. We are working independent!
    The admin (username: admin) is the owner of entire MDL.

I am an root admin and administer the forums only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. wazswazsw

wazswazsw MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2015
    I can't "thnks for this post"