What happens to your W7 if your loader is patched?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pooksahib, Aug 19, 2009.

1. pooksahib

pooksahib MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    This was from an older thread of mine. Thanks again, Gigahertz20. The thought just occurred to me - if you got 'found out' I'm guessing your W7 would no longer be usable? Or does uninstalling the loader leave your W7 usable in some sort of 'trial' status?

I don't fancy having to visit the local cyber cafe to download a new loader then have to do a complete reinstall of W7 every time. Is that scenario likely?

Many thanks.

2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    When a new MasterKey avalaible is, you'll have to uninstall the loader and install a new one. Until then, if the loader is working and your seven activated is, no need to upgrade it.
    Your system will go back to trial mode when you uninstall the loader.

3. Gonzakpo

Gonzakpo MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I guess thats not the answer he is not looking for. What he means (guessing here) what would happen if the M$ guys detect a loader and "destroy it". W7 will no longer able to boot?.

Apart from that, the KEY is independent of the loader. Once you have SLIC 2.1 (this is what the loader simulates) you just need a matching cert for that SLIC and ANY OEM SLP key (these keys work with any OEM).

4. pooksahib

pooksahib MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks to you all, especially G20. Crystal clear once again.