what if i Delete Apps ???

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bat Man, May 13, 2013.

1. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    hey guys

after doing a clean install on my lenovo laptop.....as i dont like apps i mean i never use those and they get updated .am planning to delete all the Apps in the METRO UI ..... so my question will it create any problem i mean in the performance??

2nd question i is CCleaner is a gud tool to use in windows 8??

as i always use the registry fix in the tool ...will it create any mess with my registery ??

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    1. why deleting apps? they don't harm you in any way and do not slow down your performance
    2. CCleaner is a very good tool and can be recommended
    3. I ( is my personal opinion) would not use registry tools ever. Better use brain.exe for that purpose :D

3. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I do believe is stupid, but yes, u can unistall whatever apps that u want. Ccleaner is a good tool, when is needed. Why would u want to "fix" the registry in ur clean installation? We are not in windows xp era anymore. But again: yes u can use it.

4. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    #4 fkar, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    So many applications are simply leaving many of the registry entries. CCleaner can clean them everything quite nicely without harming your Win 8. I believe, cleaning registry once in a while, is essential to keep the system's performance good.

I'm using CCleaner v4.01 on my Win8_ProWMC_x64. So far, it's working fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ms-7

ms-7 MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2011
    You mean Automatically Downloaded, Right ? If so then yes by Default in Windows 8 Metro Apps Automatically Downloaded but not installed until you open Store, So If you don't want to Automatically Downloaded Apps then you can turn Off the Option in
    Store > Settings in Charmsbar > App Updates > Automatically Download Updates for my Apps > Turn this Option Off

Otherwise you can uninstall them for whatever reason, it will not effect PC performance ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
  7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Just for covering all possibilities here, I think it's no coincidence that the one XP machine in my network which has several .NET updates that refuse to install and cause errors, is the one where the user thinks he's doing me a favor by running some registry cleaning utility.

8. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    Thanks for the valuable feedback's guys......so am planning to remove the apps that i dont want to really use..and unnecessarily on the other hand dont want to increase HDD space by unnecessary app updates which i never use :p

any feedback's regarding my decision is really appreciated :biggrin:

9. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I would suggest right click on the live tiles and turn it off, then unpin all those apps that you don't want to see in the start screen. In the long run there might be a chance that you might want it back, there could be a problem to re-install. :D

10. noncentz705

noncentz705 MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Should be fine... unless he managed to remove the store or control panel packages and powershell throws an error if u try.
    @ Bat Man follow the instructions posted by hb860

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    While just stop them and unpin from Start would be much enough!

12. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    yes bro deleted all the crap by powershell and removed all the unnecessary apps.....i know its not looking very chary..buy kaaboom..its looking gud :eek: