What if i set my laptop battery at high performance?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by everyday, Mar 2, 2013.

1. everyday

everyday MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2013
    I'm planning to use my Sony VAIO PCG-CS laptop for 5 or more hours straight! If i set my laptop battery at high performance what are the pros and cons? Such as will my computer be harmed in anyways and such.(please explain briefly with a lot of detail please?) I'm looking to run the Sony VGP-BPS13/Q battery at a low state only if i'm NOT doing things that uses up the battery such as video games, movies, and etc.
    batterymag.co.uk

2. delicado

delicado MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2016
    If you do this will make your laptop battery life becomes short. About the battery please refer to dearbattery.co.uk/sony-vgp-bps13_q-battery.html

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Simply, the laptop will work with full power and performance. Means the CPU will work fully and so on, which results in faster down of the Battery. Another point is, the Laptop will get hotter as well!

I use my Laptop on power with full performance and on battery with power saving performance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    You guys waited 35 months to answer his post. That Sony is probably dead and buried by now. :rip:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TuuS

TuuS MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2016
    Good point, didn't even look at the original date when I first read lol

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sure, a old post! Just still valid for many user's problems with use of their Laptop's!

8. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    That would suck the life out of your battery quickly. :)