What is a best video editing program?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by abc2013, Apr 17, 2013.

1. abc2013

abc2013 MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2013
    Hello everyone,

What is a best video editing program? Before, I recorded a video footage, and now I would like to edit that video footage and burn to a DVD. Thank you for any suggestions.

2. tanjali

tanjali MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I use windows movie maker.

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    What do you want to do to it ?

grab ya sen Adobe Master Collection CS6. It has Premier, After Effects, Encore and off course Photoshop. These are great tools for the job.

if you know how to use them..

4. =)(=

=)(= Guest

If you have OS X then iMovie is the easiest and best for newbies.

On Windows there is AVS Video Editor 6.3 and Pinnacle VideoSpin 2.0.0.669 (Freeware. They don't offer it anymore but you can find it on some download sites).

I never bothered with Adobe Premier because i don't feel to spend much time on learning a video editing software when there is alternatives out there that is easy to use and gets the job done.

5. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    I used to do what you describe bottom up with freeware - but found that TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 is excellent. Also ConvertXtoDVD 5 is fine. Neither is free, but can be found to download.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    The question was What is a best video editing program? neither TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 or ConvertXtoDVD 5 are video editing programs they are for converting video files to dvd.

7. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I would go for Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere.
    Also would I suggest for you to look into Intel QuickSync. ;)

8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    CyberLink PowerDirector came with a few systems, seems to be rather spiffy.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. abc2013

abc2013 MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2013
    I really appreciated for all suggestions. Thank you very much everyone.

11. miumiu2134

miumiu2134 MDL Novice

May 24, 2013
    Since at first I barely know nothing about how to edit videos, so I adopted Windows Movie Maker...With my skills gaining, I found WMM just can't output lovely videos for it's lacking of stunning effects.
    Then I turned myself to ShowBiz. I love the rich effects and easy-to-use integrated editing tools. I can just drag videos into the storyboard to editing, and all the editing including color correction, adding special effects, transitions, subtitles and so forth can be done in seconds. My favorite is that it can support multiple video formats editing and outputing, I can share directly on YouTube right after my editing.
    Really cool imovie for pc that allows you to burn videos into dvd.

12. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    IMHO the best there it is is VirtualDub. In current version with all the mpeg2, wmv, asf, flv, mkv and even DirectShow (what you can play that you can input into VDub) input filters and with tons of plugins it break any video editing software.
    And it is free open source software.

A bit hard to learn from newbies, true.

13. MrG

MrG MDL Addicted

May 31, 2010
    I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, it has a large learning curve but has a ton of tools.

14. webbjames

webbjames MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2013
    I used Windows Movie Maker. Supremely easy to use.