What is: shivvubj\svvwcji.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, May 30, 2020.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    After I upgraded to 2004 I get the following error:

I looked for that file svvwcji.exe but exist and a check with Regedit also didn't show any result!

Could anyone tell me what the hell is that? Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That file isn't known at VIRUSTOTAL! No info over Google too!

I also checked all my computers and 2 servers for such file, result: ZERO NOTHING!

Not any apps were installed on the 'infected' machines after the Windows 10 upgrade to 2004 either! That error message came up after the 2. restart of the upgraded Windows 2004!

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. er557

er557 MDL Member

Apr 20, 2013
    sounds like a virus, that was deleted and still remains on the autostart list, easily removable from there with something like autoruns.
    I would download spybot search and destroy, malware bytes, and scan the entire drive with those.

4. AndyMutz

AndyMutz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2011
    why did you black out your user name in the path, but left it readable in the title of the error window?

since google cannot find anything regarding this file, it seems to be a randomized filename.
    such methods are usually used by malware.

-andy-

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Because that 'blacked' name differs!
    Nothing to find using more than ten apps!

6. ch4os

ch4os MDL Junior Member

Jan 9, 2010
    #6 ch4os, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    You do know that the „blacked“ text is still readable, right? :D

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    And it is the same as displayed a few pixels above in the dialog title.

reima

8. spedia

spedia MDL Senior Member

Jul 13, 2009
  9. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Wow! It sure is. Checked it out in Photoshop! :roll1:

10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What the hell you guy's looking just on that name?! Just for to trolling, I think!!

Because the real problem seems not to be any interest for you, you Trolls!

That's why I hardly post anything on MDL anymore: trolling, harassing, accusing, and so on, that's what you all could best! Shame on you!

12. petok

petok MDL Senior Member

May 4, 2009
    @pisthai send me pm file I will see what is this file.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Thank you for that.

Sorry, I don't have that file! All I have is that Error Message looking for that file on sudden location, but that file didn't exist at all!

If I had that file I could easily open it with some Editor (like a Hex-Editor or so) and found all needed Infos.

I'm just wondering about it because that started after the second start after the direct upgrade from 1909 to 2004 online. On my other machines isn't any problem, for those, I downloaded the 2004 ISO and started the upgrade manually from that ISO. Not any problem at all!

14. petok

petok MDL Senior Member

May 4, 2009
    Maybe is something from the driver renamed and replace file and leave trace with wrong folder and file and path.

15. ch4os

ch4os MDL Junior Member

Jan 9, 2010
    AndyMutz already said everything there is to say I guess. A random file name you can't find at Google and the file got deleted. As a long time MDL member you probably did a backup before updating Windows. Give that backup a try to see if the file is still present there.

Yeah, yeah - shame on you too for lying then ;)

16. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Actualy you got cought posting mis information I was just pointing that out not trolling man

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    A good guy (MDL-Member!) would answer asked questions instead of looking for something that could be used for harras, accuse, trolling, or some other bad things! That's just happened for 5 bad MDL Members in this thread!

Such actions had forced many good old members of MDL to quit already in the past!

18. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    To answer your question on the subject i had the same on my system some times it's just dissapeared and you can call it ghost ware it's a left over from a randomware or virus you might have cought up no worries not a big thing if the file is not there any more it can't hurt you system easy as that. Hope that answer your question and have a nice day