what is the best and safest way for windows 7 activation?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by genom, Nov 17, 2009.

1. genom

genom MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    can anyone tell me the options
    just dont want to screw things up I am new to this
    thanks

2. BrutalUK

BrutalUK MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Well you either modify your BIOS which I'm sure soneone on here can do for you or use a loader program. The BIOS mod itself if done correctly is easy as long as you follow any instructions given plus it will cause the least hassle when trying to activate. I've done a couple of BIOS mods on different computers and so far all have worked 100%. If you do have a problem flashing then there is ways away to revive a so called 'dead' motherboard. But again I'm sure someone on here can advise you more!

3. genom

genom MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    which loader is the best for final version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?

4. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #4 bambara, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. genom

genom MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    loaders dont use bios?
    thanks for the answers

6. F4k3n4m3

F4k3n4m3 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Are all the activation methods equal in that once Windows 7 is activated it will stay activated? How likely is it that Microsoft will issue an update that will defeat the loaders?

I was reading in an article on My Digital Life about the newer activation techniques, and the article commented that all these really do is delay the eventual need to buy a license. I don't know if that was to prevent lawsuits. :p

7. Ugo2

Ugo2 MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    #7 Ugo2, Nov 17, 2009
  8. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    The best and safest way to activate Windows 7 is to purchase from any of the oem or retail chains. ex. Once you know you Newgg

Some offer discounts when purchasing hardware at the same time.
    Black Friday comes to mind as a great time to purchase components & such! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Lo*ders emulate an apropriate Bios code in memory before the OS takes control, so the OS "thinks" the computer has an OEM Bios with SLIC 2.1 on it.:D

In that way you may be able to act*vate the OS with an matching OEM certificate and Key.

The loader ist safest way to act*vate, and the Daz one has an strong method to hide it from M$. Don't worry, if something happens (like an deact*vation via Windows Update) you allway can download an updated l*ader to acti*ate again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I'd say have your bios modded. No need to worry about deactivation for the time being, maybe even for years...
    Have all my 4 systems done that way. But I can understand the reluctance of many to go down that path...

For a loader I'd say Daz's. It's easy, and you'll stand a good chance with it.

11. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Bios mod is by far the way to go.

12. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    The safest and reliable ways to activate is OEM certificate and Key!

First check if your computer is SLIC 2.1, then use a loader like DAZ loader to install the OEM certificate and Key, then use the program Token Restore to back-up your activation.

Now you can be assure that every-time you have to install Win again, you can be safe to know you can activated without enter a key!! :D Just one click to freedom (from the nag of window telling you you have 30days).....:eek:

13. ABrooks

ABrooks MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    Ironically, it's easier to use loader than the microsoft way. I've a license for each of my systems but it's a pain in the ass to activate them with the provided key.

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    The best way is to buy it but if you want it for free then I would say bios mod. As for the loader, the best loader is Daz loader because he is the first one to use encryption in his loader to thwart microsoft.

15. WireW0rm

WireW0rm MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    How to mod BIOS from SLIC 2.0 TO SLIC 2.1 version

I have already done some plenty of research but I cant seem to find the answer that I'm looking for.

My BIOS is SLIC 2.0 and I want to mod it to SLIC 2.1 How can I do that? I'm trying to activate Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) using the SLP product key but it won't let me. I learned from reading some articles on Windows 7 Activation that Windows 7 needs to match a SLIC 2.1 BIOS in order for it to be activated. I have only so much days left to activate my Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and I just hope I can get it activated before I can no longer do so.

I also have some other questions I need to be clear about.

1. How will I know whether my BIOS is AMI, AWARD, or PHOENIX without opening my computer?
    2. I'm using AMI Mod TOOL to hopetully activate my Windows 7 operating system but its asking me to navigate and locate my BIOS file, supposedly in a "ROM" or "BIN" file format ("ROM" for AMI BIOS and "BIN' for AWARD BIOS). Where or in what directory am I suppose to look?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

16. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #16 Everilda, Nov 18, 2009
  17. toofunal

toofunal MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2009
    Shortest answer.

Best is "Bios Mode"
    Safest is "Loader by Daz"

18. WireW0rm

WireW0rm MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    #18 WireW0rm, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009

I have an "ASUS" motherboard of which the manufacturer is Asustek Computer Inc. I've tried to go to the website but unluckily they don't have any BIOS updates or upgrades not even BIOS files that you could download. However, I also went to my BIOS manufacturer's website which is "AMI (American Trends Inc.)" but they only provide flash utilities for particular BIOS versions. I have 5.23 BIOS version (by using EVEREST I was able to find what version my BIOS is) so I downloaded "AMIBIOS Core 6.31 or earlier products only" flash utility because my BIOS version is more compatible with it. This comes without any BIOS file which is really upsetting. Is there anywhere else besides the BIOS or the motherboard manufacturer's website where I can get BIOS files?

So modding your BIOS file is one thing and flashing the motherboard with the new BIOS file is another thing?

PS. I have a BIOS file. I was able to find it using "RW Everything". The program basically just tells me the SLIC version I have for my BIOS which is SLIC 2.0. I just don't know how to get to it.

19. M3TAL_L0RD

M3TAL_L0RD MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Sure it's safest, but not best... I got 2 legal keys for Windows 7 Professional and I still used BIOS mod, cert and OEM SLP key to activate :)

20. WireW0rm

WireW0rm MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009

I don't even know what that means or how that works.
    I really don't know how to use that stuff.