What is the best backup software to backup files locally?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mechanicweb, Jul 26, 2015.

1. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hi,

What is the best backup software to backup files and folders from different drives to another drive on the same PC? I am running windows 10 x64.

I am not asking for a drive clone or image software like macrium refect or ghost or acronis. I am asking for a software which is light weight but reliable. Any paid / freeware suggestion will help.

Thanks in advance.

2. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
  3. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    you can backup files and folders from within Windows.

Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup

4. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I want to copy a Windows OS partition to another partition on the same GPT drive. Will freefilesync do this as well?

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  6. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks for mentioning it. i use macrium reflect to create drive image. Purpose of creating this thread is to find a suitable software to create local offline back up of large number of text files. With synchronization support or incremental backup?

The software you mentioned earlier has a rich feature set. Did you used it with large number of files? How is the performance? (System slows down, takes too long, reliability etc.)

I do not really want to rely on windows backup.

As Mr. X. said, for that purpose you might want to look into that thread. I use macrium reflect. It turned out good for me.

7. crazyquay

crazyquay MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    Bvckup 2

Suggest you try the free 2 week trial of Bvckup 2 @ bvckup2.com... its a great piece of software that fits your stated requirements.