What is the best Screen Recording Software?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Amateur_Linux User, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Amateur_Linux User

Amateur_Linux User MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I need a a good recording software that can record anything that's displayed on screen or some way that would allow me to watch protected videos several times.

I purchased some pen drive classes but couldn't see all the classes. Now there isn't enough time to watch all classes and they will expire in a week. I thought of recording the remaining class using in built Windows Screen recorder, OBS Studio and Camtasia but it fails to record the part of screen running in the specially provided Software to watch those videos, it instead shows a black screen. The media player used here is Rio Player. Please help, I don't want to pay full amount again just to watch 4 more classes. Thanks.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    Here is a list of the top 10 video screen capture software.

• ActivePresenter. ActivePresenter by Atomi Systems is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. ...
    • Windows 10's built-in Game bar. ...
    • OBS Studio. ...
    • Flashback Express. ...
    • Camtasia. ...
    • Bandicam. ...
    • Screencast-O-Matic. ...
    • Icecream Screen Recorder.

3. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Bandicam

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gwekk

gwekk MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2018
    Bandicam is best.

5. ^ I concur with the above. However, if I recall correctly, Bandicam is not freeware.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    sorry dude but Google is your best friend friend ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    ScreenToGif for .gif. and misc recording and for professional editing/recording stuff Camtasia (paid) or OBS Studio.

Bandicam is nothing against OBS Studio....

8. Uhenea

Uhenea MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2018
    I could be wrong but reading the OP, OP meant to ask about a screen capture recording software rather than screen recording one, those are two different things.

If OP is still looking for the former as I saw no mention of this, one software comes to mind - Replay media catcher. Worked pretty well for me in the past.

9. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #9 ipx, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022

10. Dee Das

Dee Das MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2021
    No doubt bandicam is one of the best software tools in the market for screen recording