What is the best version of Win10, Enterprise or Education ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cuteee, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Because someone told me that, when you activate Education, the watermark still exist.

2. TheCandyManHK

TheCandyManHK MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2015
    Enterprise LTSB :D

3. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Entreprise LTSB N :biggrin:

4. Dream_cream

Dream_cream MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Enterprise LTSB :p

5. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    if you want a legit version go for windows 10 pro upgrade or dreamspark key! (you will get 3 pro retail keys from dreamspark)
    if you don't care about legit version and want to use a kms anyway get the enterprise LTSB version !!WITHOUT N!!
    cause removing the media player (with N version) will give you just codec errors or problems in games. just use vlc anyway and let wmp be installed on your pc so you don't have to install 50000 s**tty codec packs.

LTSB has more options and no apps and store at all which makes it the only real windows 10 version.

6. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I have the LTSB-N installed, plus the klite codec pack and i haven't faced a single problem.

7. freiwald

Jul 27, 2015
    like i said if you want to install a codec pack like back in 2000 then go for the N version. but you will neither have problems with the normal LTSB edition... you will not even notice the media player being on your disk and you don't need to do anything to make it work again (install codec packs) so i don't know why i should choose the N version over it. and for now it works. lets wait for example on the newest fifa. have fun starting that without media player installed

8. sukinsin88

sukinsin88 MDL Addicted

Oct 17, 2012
    for me only PRO :wub:

9. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I never cared if something is old school or not, I care if it work

Klite codecs worked in 2000 and are still working.

MPC was the best media player out there and still is.

And yes, possibly some poorly coded games will be broken, if and when this will happen, I'll evaluate to install the MS media pack.

But, like Aragorn said, that day is not today.;)

10. freiwald

Jul 27, 2015
    #10 freiwald, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    yes and it is your choice but i don't know why you make it yourself so hard? i mean you can still use MPC... even if you got the LTSB version with wmp installed. i only use vlc and i still got wmp installed and it plays everything without a codec pack. so i don't know how you can say it's the best...maybe for you. :) it's just there, so everything runs well and if my favorite game does not run well well then im f***ed. so maybe he plays games too? you cannot know... so i would not recommened it to anyone install that version until they know what they do.

its not like you gain anything from installing a version with less features. you will face problems sooner or later (if you play games sooner) and you have to reinstall stuff to make it work again. why not just install the complete version and your own favorite player on top?

for example i use chrome but i would never uninstall internet explorer because of this. because you will face problems. it's deeply integrated and not meant to be deleted. same with wmp. they just had to delete it and bring this version out because of some european idiots crying for freedom. it's not even running in the background. it's just there to make sure everything works without 3rd party software

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I use the Klite codec pack no matter if the MS codecs are present or not, so why to waste space, resources, and privacy installing something I don't need?

Keep it simple is the rule.

I don't have a caravan hooked to my car just because, one day, it can be useful.

I don't have any program I don't need, including the MS codecs and WMP (and all the related services), cortana, the square apps, one drive and similar trash.

12. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #12 murphy78, Aug 12, 2015
    Education has less things that Enterprise has.
    Is it worth installing if you don't have a legit key? No.
    Yes, it has a watermark in the lower right portion of the desktop even while activated.

13. freiwald

Jul 27, 2015
    yes and i agree that is why i choose the LTSB edition afterall. but for me it is something else with old programs, like IE or wmp that are made to stay, not like all this new metro s**t. like i said i don't use IE or wmp but i just don't want to face any problems and if you suggest the N version you should atleast warn people that there could be problems. that is all i am saying please don't feel attacked :)

14. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I'm just explaining my POV. No attacks involved.;)

15. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I'm with the enterprise version LTSB with no problem, I still work better than the other versions and lighter.:aplaudir:

16. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Is it jus me, or does every version seem half finished, like they stopped work on it about the 9th july and said thats it.

ent/n/ltsb seems the one at present

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Too_Kool

Too_Kool MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    #18 Too_Kool, Aug 12, 2015
    I have a single system. Is Windows 10 Enterprise LTBS better than installing Windows 10 Pro Version ?

1. Can someone pls provide a link for Windows 10 Enterprises LTBS version ?
    2. Can Win 10 Enterprise LTBS be installed as a Clean Install and activated via KMS ?

n00b here. pls help :worthy:
    thanks in advance guys :)

18. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Using the Arch Linux style rolling release model, "finished" means almost nothing.

But even before it had little meaning. Was XP sp0 finished? And XP Sp1?

19. Own

Own MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    I have the education version and it is possible to disable the watermark with Universal Watermark Disabler 1.0.0.6 However which features does Windows enterprise have which education doesn't have?

I can't find any..